Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 03:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
People who don't shower at least once a day... gross. Your body produces oils and funk throughout the day even if you think you aren't doing anything, and you collect microscopic junk on your skin as you mill about in the world. Going to bed with all that mess on you and getting it into your sheets so you can sleep in a funky bed every night makes me cringe. Dear lord people, take 5 minutes and wash yourselves you filthy animals.
You sound like my daughter who is obcessive compulsive about showering and seems to think she needs at least two and sometimes three showers a day,just sitting doing nothing all day has her feeling like shes covered in dirt and stinks,strikes me as some form of delusion.She half heartedly assures us that she doesnt have a form of Mysophobia.
Compulsive as this behaviour may be i always wonder why she never changes her bed sheets and will wait till mom changes them perhaps once every couple of weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:00 AM

519 posts, read 776,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You sound like my daughter who is obcessive compulsive about showering and seems to think she needs at least two and sometimes three showers a day,just sitting doing nothing all day has her feeling like shes covered in dirt and stinks,strikes me as some form of delusion.She half heartedly assures us that she doesnt have a form of Mysophobia.
Compulsive as this behaviour may be i always wonder why she never changes her bed sheets and will wait till mom changes them perhaps once every couple of weeks
You sound like my ex-girlfriend who always insisted she didn't need to shower because she "didn't do anything today." Guess what? She smelled, and that's why I married someone else

The human body is a machine with its own kind of soot and it builds up on you over the course of a day. The world is generally dirty too, and unless you're in a sealed environment you collect all sorts of nasty stuff on your skin, such as germs, dust, trash, allergens, particulates, gunk from people coughing and sneezing or just breathing, engine exhaust, pollen, soot, microscopic excrement, hell sweat has urine in it. You're not as clean as you think you are.

I'm not averse to roughing it after all I was a Boy Scout and I went camping plenty of times, a few Summer trips I went for 2 week stints without showering. I know what being dirty is. But in modern times there really is no excuse to not hop in a shower for 5 minutes to wash off the funk of the day before bed. You could skip the morning one but not showering AT ALL is unsanitary or at the very least lazy. It's a modern convenience that everyone on this board has and should take advantage of before settling down to sleep in a nice, soft pile of your daily gross.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:22 AM

128 posts, read 207,689 times
Yes it is More than fine to take it once a night, or every Other Night. Unless you work in a pig farm, really how bad can you smell?

Old 06-14-2015, 08:01 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,755 times
Gotta shower everyday before the evening cocktail hour to wash off the dead skin and bacteria.......It's the bacteria that causes the stink.....Then, the next morning, I spray my feet and underarms with a 50% solution of rubbing alcohol scented with some "British Sterling" cologne.....Feet and underarms always stay "fresh"....(a trick I learned from constant travelling when I was a working stiff)...

Old 06-14-2015, 09:14 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
They should be, if they're not there's something wrong.

You should have a no 2 once a day, first thing.

If you don't, your diet is probably not good.
Not necessarily. I've never been on that morning schedule.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:37 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
You sound like my ex-girlfriend who always insisted she didn't need to shower because she "didn't do anything today." Guess what? She smelled, and that's why I married someone else

The human body is a machine with its own kind of soot and it builds up on you over the course of a day. The world is generally dirty too, and unless you're in a sealed environment you collect all sorts of nasty stuff on your skin, such as germs, dust, trash, allergens, particulates, gunk from people coughing and sneezing or just breathing, engine exhaust, pollen, soot, microscopic excrement, hell sweat has urine in it. You're not as clean as you think you are.

I'm not averse to roughing it after all I was a Boy Scout and I went camping plenty of times, a few Summer trips I went for 2 week stints without showering. I know what being dirty is. But in modern times there really is no excuse to not hop in a shower for 5 minutes to wash off the funk of the day before bed. You could skip the morning one but not showering AT ALL is unsanitary or at the very least lazy. It's a modern convenience that everyone on this board has and should take advantage of before settling down to sleep in a nice, soft pile of your daily gross.
What the heck are people eating that causes them to stink all of the time?

Sweat contains uric acid, not urine. While we all perspire all of the time, we don't all drip sweat. Not everyone has to leave the house on a daily basis. People who live in a rural area don't have to necessarily put up with people sneezing on them. Pollen? You're worried about pollen? I have anhidrosis and very dry skin. I don't need to shower daily. I can wash my face, genitals or feet without taking a shower. I haven't had a problem with pit odor for more than 20 years.

Have you considered seeing someone about your OCD?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:52 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,657,056 times
Quote:

I think I see why your ex-girlfriend didn't want to marry you.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeArizonaBabe View Post
This morning, I had forgo the showering until tonight. My husband said I smell great & that the natural smell was best. I did feel a lot better not taking a shower 2 times a day (which I had done for 10 years now).

So is 1 time a day, at night, the best way to go?
It's necessary for me to shower every morning.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:54 AM

761 posts, read 832,550 times
Keep the cooter clean at least:

Two women were walking around somewhere in Nevada on a blisteringly-hot sunny day. They were looking for a way to cool off a little. They passed a prostitute eating watermelon on the porch of a whorehouse without any panties on, so they asked her if she was any cooler by not wearing any panties.

The pantyless hooker replied, "Well I don't know if I am any cooler but it sure does keep the flies off my watermelon!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness