U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 08:36 PM

8 posts, read 3,807 times

Advertisements

About 3 weeks ago i injured my index finger from slamming both of my hands on a table due to being stressed/frustrated. I notice this later on in the day when i touched my left index finger on keyboard and other things but its very noticeable when i touch a keyboard.

At first i was worried if i broke my finger but the thing is i can move my finger just fine. I definitely feel like i injured a nerve in my left index finger. Basically its only the top part of it opposite fingernail. Thus when i touch anything with my index finger, its like a static feeling on it.

There was a retired doctor who took a look and said its nothing more than a stone bruise i believe as he call it. He said i dont need to see a hand doctor so i didn't bother. He said it should heal in about a week or so and its been 10 days and still been the same. I didn't use any ice or put anything on it the first week and then later on did put it on some ice for short period but i read its too late for that now.

Has anyone here has a hand or finger injury like this? Im pretty worried i broke a nerve as i read online if you touch anything and feel uncomfortable sensation etc, you most likely broke a nerve. So right now i rarely use my left index finger to touch keyboard when typing etc.

Also if you look closely at the top of my left index finger, you see like a small bump there. Anyone here have any advice? This is a very uncomfortable feeling as touching a keyboard or anything like that makes me feel very queezy if thats the term? Does anyone know how long it takes for this injury to heel? When i use my left thumb to touch my top index finger, it feels very uncomfortable. I'm worried this isn't going heal since i read nerves take time to heal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 08:37 PM

I was told by someone in another forum it could be a stone bruise.

Still have the sensitivity and numbness

I like to mention that im actually out of the usa now. But i will most likely head back to usa soon for a short visit. The thing is here theres not any good hand doctor i believe. So if i go back to the usa... does anyone know what the procedure will be like to see a hand doctor? Thus they will examine my hand then do xrays. Will this eventually go away? Its really uncomfortable touching anything with my left index finger now b/c of the tingling/numbness sensation.

But after that, would i get any procedure done and how long would it take? Is there chance they would do any surgery? I dont believe so since i dont notice any swelling or deformity etc. I just cant stand this tingling feeling around the top of my left index finger. Reason i ask is b/c i need to know how long i have to stay in the usa for before i leave b/c i initially planned to go back to usa for few days but now i might have to stay longer if i need procedure done? But if its splint or anything like that, then its basically one and done and i probably wont need to go back? Also heardf about pins and needles... would that even relate to my case? Thing is if im told okay you wont get the numbness or tingling feeling in a certain time period... then i wouldnt have to worry but now im just really worried.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:40 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,221,218 times
Mr. CSD could still move his forearm after he broke the Ulna, Radius, Radial Head and Shattered his Elbow so that is not an indication if the bone is broken or not.

You should have it checked by a Physician, if you did break it and it is healing wrong it could affect the nerves in your finger.

In the future go to the river and throw rocks in the river instead of slamming your hands down on a table.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:29 PM

theres a bump thats on my left index finger. Yes i know i was foolish of banging my hand on a table, i was just upset/stressed.

There was a retired doctor who took a look at it and said its a stone bruise and if i go to doctor, theres nothing really they will do about it. Do you disagree with that? However, im in mexico now. I will be going back to usa soon.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:02 PM

5,188 posts, read 13,352,934 times
If you bruised the bone and/or nerve, it takes a long time to go away....

Old 06-22-2015, 04:40 PM

4,980 posts, read 11,046,411 times
You can't "break" a nerve.

Anything short of a cut nerve will most likely recover but it can take a long, long time.

If you have a cut digital nerve it can be repaired but there is no procedure to fix a nerve contusion

Old 06-23-2015, 09:16 PM

Got question about this. Had i saw a neurologist immediately say the next day or two, would there been chance something could have done?

Old 06-24-2015, 07:01 PM

Saw a doctor here. He said the term for this is post traumatic neurosis. He said my issue is minor and said i wouldn't need an xray at all done.

He wrote me a prescription for Tremecox 300mg/7.5mg and to take it twice a day for 30 days. He said this should help me nerves heal faster as oppose to waiting for it. He said if that doesn't work, then he will give me another medication to take if i still have these issues. He said last resort would be he would inject it but he said he won't do it now b/c that is most aggressive action to take which he doesn't want.

First off, have you heard of taking a medication for 30 days? At first i didn't think anything at all then i thought... i dont think i ever taken a medication for that long. He said maybe dizzyness i get as side effect. Usually medication would be taking something for 10 days max... i never heard of taking something for 30 days. I didn't mention this to doctor at the time b/c i didn't think about it at the time but he did say if you take it for 2 weeks, it isn't going to do much.

Old Today, 11:52 AM

1 posts
I am recovering from a broken ulna bone in my right forearm I came out of my cast July 1 after being in it for 6 weeks I am doing therapy I have a hard time making a fist and I have pins and needles in my right thumb all the time my hand is weak but I do exercises every day my doctor said the bone is just about healed when I saw him on July 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or