Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 07:44 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,689,183 times

Advertisements

I am talking about after I have a "good workout" day. Yesterday I ran in the morning for a few miles and then I swam laps for 40 minutes in the late afternoon. It all wore me out, but I felt "good" about it, and I slept really well too.

This morning, some old injuries hurt (this happens now and then after I've had a physically exhausting day). Now, I can understand things like my old knee injury hurting... if it did, surprisingly it doesn't. What hurts just a little this morning is my hand where I once broke fingers and my foot that I once tore open and needed several stitches. My shoulder hurts a little too (where I broke my collar bone years ago). These injuries are 30, 5, and 15 years old respectively.

Any reason why this happens? I thought maybe it's just early arthritis starting in old, once broken bones, but the foot thing has me baffled because it was just a flesh wound, no broken bones. Although I have a scar there and hard, underlying scar tissue (I did use my feet of course). The baffling thing is while everything else hurts, my knee is fine (and that's the injury the doctor told me might come back to haunt me later... I burst my brusa in the knee after I stepped in a hidden hole while hiking).

I'm going to take some NSAIDs this morning. But I am just curious why things like this hurt so long after the injury and especially when my working out didn't really effect some of the old injuries (like my fingers--which actually hurt the most today).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness