Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,088 times

Advertisements

I need a diet from my family.....I just recently moved back home after college, to find a job and save some money. In my home there is my parents and my older brother who has never moved away from home. I knew there would be privacy issuses but I never imagined this. About a month ago when I got out of the shower I was in my room changing and I felt like I was being watched, My windows were open because it was a nice night out and I could hear our dog outside. So after I got changed I went out back to get the dog and saw my brother walking around from the side of the house where my room is. I didn't say anything to him because I was so shocked. I mentioned it to my boyfriend who said that I should just pay attention more before I say anything. So I did and later that week when I got home late at night and was getting ready for bed I heard my brother go let the dog out back. I shut the lights off in my room to see if I could see anything outside but couldn't and then went out in the living room area to see if I could see my brother in the back yard and I couldn't. That's when I went to my mom and asked her to keep an eye on him to be sure it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. The next day I went snopping on my brother's computer and I found a picture that I had taken of my self for my boyfriend and it was a "Private" picture on his desktop. My parents and I confronted him about it and it didn't seem to bother him. He didn't show any emotion and He couldn't explain why he had gone into my computer and taken the picture and then put it on his computer. and of course he won't admit to looking through my window. He says he did one day while I was wrapping presents never when I was changing. Which shows you his maturity but that's just another issue. His first answer to the picture being on his computer was "it's not like I took the photo with my camera" and now his defense is that nudity is art and that's why he took the picture from my computer. I'm working on moving out of the house and my brother has not been staying at the house. We both have been going to a therapist separately but I don't feel like she is helping me! I just don't know what to say to my brother or how to react around him during family gatherings. I want to scream and yell at him, and at the same time I want to cry and hide from him. I feel like he is always looking at me. and at night hear noises and have to get up to check the house because I'm afarid he is there. Does anyone have any advice?????? Please Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
You're been completely violated. Honestly, right now, I don't think you should be around him now, and no time in the future, until you've had some time to process this. I would hope your parents would respect that, and have your brother stay elsewhere. If not, perhaps you have a trusted friend or relative you can stay with. Do you have any family you can talk to about this? Be patient with the therapy, it may take a long time to move beyond what has happened.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,545 times
If you feel your therapist isn't helping you, get a new one. You need a therapist who's the right fit for you, one who you truly feel is helping you.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
I agree with the both of you. I would make sure I had good curtains on my bedroom window and a lock on my door. And then I would move out as soon as possible.

How old is your brother? This is somewhat common with teenagers, but if he is an adult, then that is much more of a concern. I hope your mom scolded him just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness