U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:01 AM

1,439 posts, read 1,192,037 times

Advertisements

Without going to a dermatologist (impossible in the next 6 months since we live out in the boonies and the nearest city has a 6 month waiting list), and without using an ice cube, toenail clippers, and a bottle of whiskey, what's a good way to get rid of skin tags?
Looking for a topical solution, not sure what works and what doesn't. I have lots of them (not hundreds, but not looking for my wife to tightly tie dental floss around a dozen skin tags either. (yes I've heard of that.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 10:55 AM

5,124 posts, read 12,768,299 times
There is some sort of skin tag remover you can get in pharmacies.....as the pharmacist, if you don't see it on the shelf. I don't know how well it works, but I've seen the ads for it.

I know dermotologists have HUGE waiting list! I would put my name on there, try to find the OTC stuff, and if it works, cancel the appointment!

Old 08-17-2015, 11:07 AM

6,572 posts, read 18,009,318 times
"Compound W" will work real well and tag will fall off in about 3-5 days. Will work on other things as well.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:26 AM

138 posts, read 94,646 times
Another vote for the freezing wart remover products. They work on small skin tags. You place the cold end on it (lightly) for about 10 seconds. Usually it will fall off a few days later (often after turning a darker color or gray-ish brown). Sometimes a repeat is required for stubborn ones.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:37 PM

1,439 posts, read 1,192,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeMee Monster View Post
Another vote for the freezing wart remover products. They work on small skin tags. You place the cold end on it (lightly) for about 10 seconds. Usually it will fall off a few days later (often after turning a darker color or gray-ish brown). Sometimes a repeat is required for stubborn ones.
Yep! I'm doing this. thanks.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:20 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,755,638 times
The couple that used to grow on my armpit, I shaved off. They eventually stopped growing there. The one that was growing on my abdomen I cut off with a scissors. I have some on the back of my neck but they don't bother me, so I don't bother them. If they bothered me I'd ask hubby to cut those off too. With a scissors. No ice cube, clippers, whiskey, or dental floss required. There aren't any nerve endings on those things, it doesn't hurt to cut them off. You just have to make sure the scissors has been cleaned with an antiseptic solution, and add a dab of triple-antibiotic ointment or tea tree oil to the skin after removing the tag.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:45 PM

18,140 posts, read 17,270,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
"Compound W" will work real well and tag will fall off in about 3-5 days. Will work on other things as well.
Yes, although it's supposed to be a wart remover, it also removes skin tags very well. You can buy it in any drug store. Reading about cutting them off makes me cringe.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:00 PM

6,572 posts, read 18,009,318 times
As we age into our late years a person will at times get those pesky dark spots on the face head area.

I have used the "Compound W" on those also. Does take longer and a dark spot will be there for maybe a week or so.

I just scrape them off with my finger nail as they just die and will not fall off. Leaves a pink skin that heals up in time.

Just a thought that might work some here.

EDIT: In response to the mole situation, why not try the Compound W. Buy the tube and NOT the small bottle as when opened air will dry it up. The tube with the small cap on tight will make it last longer and not dry up. When applied it does sting for a min or so.....turns white and flakey and you can add a drop couple times a day. Thing I like is it eats away on whatever you put it on.

Last edited by Steve Bagu; 08-17-2015 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 08-17-2015, 11:41 PM

4,728 posts, read 2,331,621 times
What about moles? I have a million moles and I'd be thrilled to get rid of a couple hundred or three. I don't suppose Compound W would get rid of those, would it?

Actually, I have had several moles removed and I know it's not that easy. *sigh*

Old 08-18-2015, 07:06 AM

33,198 posts, read 39,260,099 times
Plenty of products on the market these days that address the problem.=
https://www.google.ca/search?q=skin+...IViKw-Ch0BmAug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness