Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 06:02 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times

Advertisements

Never has dried out nose like this before. Allergies been terrible at times taking two zrytec and a sudafed. Going to use nasal spray today hoping it fixes the solution.

Any advice? Any remedies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 03:15 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,991,884 times
Try the nasal washes.....drug stores carry them. The wash out the allergens, so you don't need to take those drying medications! Give it a try...it's not as gross as you might think! Very easy to do...I prefer a netipot, rather than the squeeze bottle, but either will do the trick!

Old 08-28-2015, 05:27 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
Zyrtec makes my nose and throat really, really dry. I've found that Allegra works better for me without drying out my nose and throat.

You can buy nasal moisturizing gel. The one I've used in the past is called Ayr, and it works.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
Made appointment with my PCP at the end of the month. Had a few more over past few day's again.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:57 AM

11 posts, read 16,719 times
Default I've got the cure! I too had many bloody noses

I suffered dry nasal passages, and horrible nose bleeds for years. I moved to Las Vegas and it got worse, very dry here. If I didn't drink coffee, exercised regularly to keep blood pressure down, didn't blow my nose and was careful.. I'd only get them once a month or so. But even with that there was no way I could blow my nose with confidence, or even rub my nose the wrong way. Some mornings I would wake up and the pressure would cause a bleed, if I laid on one side. It was horrible, cold showers worked, and many times I'd just go in the pool and wait it out.

But I found the cure, and I'm betting it will work for whoever has the problem, since it's what NASA gives to the Astronauts, and I know it must be dry in space!

It's called Ponaris Nasal Emollent. It has Oil of Pine, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Cajeput in a Cottonseed oil base. The day I started using this it fixed the skin in my nose. I keep it by my desk and drop a few drops in my nose morning and night. Smells great and is a wonderful feeling breathing it.

Ponaris Nasal Emollient

I'm not a spammer for this company, I bought my bottles on Amazon. I wish I found this years ago! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Ponaris Nasal Emollient 1 oz + Dropper
by Ponaris
Link: http://amzn.com/B00E9EVNYA

The other thing I can suggest is a good nasal rinse, I do this every week or more.
Sinus Rinse Regular Mixture Packets - Relieves Allergies & Sinus Symptoms, 100 Salt Premixed Packets,(neilmed)
by NeilMed
Link: http://amzn.com/B000GG5OU4

Now my sinuses are very strong and can take whatever I request of them.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,312 times
If you truly have allergic rhinitis, get NasalCrom aerosol spray instead. The active ingredient, cromolyn sodium, interrupts the mast cells' reactions so the tissues don't swell up blocking your breathing, it also stems the subsequent running nose that's CAUSED by those swollen tissues. I've used it and had NO side effects whatsoever, adverse or not, it just does what it's supposed to! Those other things won't really help, plus you can actually get a "rebound reaction" with even WORSE symptoms, they aren't good for you!

I have no connection to whoever makes NasalCrom (rats!), nor any pharmaceutical company (double rats!), but I AM a retired registered nurse - one who absolutely abhors drugs of all kinds so I always choose the "least" & fewest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness