Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 06:18 AM

171 posts, read 193,872 times

Advertisements

Everyone I talk to says this happens when you get older. I'm 40. Someone told me they had their period for 2 weeks and it was their hormones. My period was late this month. Heavy for a couple days and now it's light but won't stop. Only a little bit on the pad but in the toilet and toilet paper. My breasts hurt more than usual also just let up. Now I'm feeling a bit of cramping. Not anything painful at all just feels very light pressure. Also felt some pressure in my ovaries when exercising. Another thing is I didn't feel any symptoms of ovulation this month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 07:08 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk4 View Post
Everyone I talk to says this happens when you get older. I'm 40. Someone told me they had their period for 2 weeks and it was their hormones. My period was late this month. Heavy for a couple days and now it's light but won't stop. Only a little bit on the pad but in the toilet and toilet paper. My breasts hurt more than usual also just let up. Now I'm feeling a bit of cramping. Not anything painful at all just feels very light pressure. Also felt some pressure in my ovaries when exercising. Another thing is I didn't feel any symptoms of ovulation this month.
I would wait and see what happens next month to see if any pattern starts to emerge. Maybe even a month after that. Having said that, if you think there might be a problem, you don't want to wait too long before a trip to your doctor. It's always best to go with your gut on issues like these. You know what is normal for your body and what isn't.

I don't know many people who have already started peri-menopause at the age of 40, then again, these things go in fits and starts for many women.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:23 AM

I do have thyroid issues so maybe my meds need to be changed. I just hope it isn't cancer.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
A friend bled for days in her late 40s...finally a Nutritionist friend got her
some cream with progesterone or something..from a store...and it
was all taken care of.
Excessive bleeding is usually not cancer....a simple fix, really.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:41 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,922,834 times
Hopefully you have a trusted gynecologist to guide you through the tough changes that will happen to you in your 40's. Polyps and fibroids are two of the things that can cause unusual and heavy bleeding along with hormonal changes as you head into peri-menopause. I agree with Miss Hepburn, there are lots of reasons for excessive bleeding and cancer is not usually one of them. If it continues, go see your doctor sooner than later, there are a lot of options and treatments that can help.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:02 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,934,552 times
I'm not a doctor, but I sure wasn't impressed with mine when I started having period issues.

You aren't too young for perimenopause and I would guess you're hormones are not balanced. Are you on HRT or birth control? Read up on estrogen dominance. Consider natural progesterone. Emerita Pro Gest is my favorite.

I'd also suggest reading Dr John Lees books and Christiane Northrup.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Hormones are terrible little buggers that screw us women up throughout our lifetime. When I started into menopause, it was hellish. Sweat dripping down my face, scalp and neck soaking wet and a horrible, ikky feeling all over.

From all the hype, I didn't want to, but I went on HRT, but I still get hot flashes almost every night. I'm going on my 10th year. I don't know when it will end, but I hope soon. I swear if I could trade menopause and get my periods back, I'd do it in a flash!

Good luck with your issues.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:27 AM

Thank you. No never been on birth control. Married but never had kids. I hope it isn't something serious. My period was 3 days late. Usually if I see any extra blood after 7 days it's brown. But this is has been bright red. And why was this the first time I had no sign of ovulation?

Old 08-30-2015, 08:44 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
And why was this the first time I had no sign of ovulation?

As bande said, you could be peri-mental pausal lol. Your hormones are probably going through changes and it screws your whole system up. This might be a one-time thing, or this could be happening every month or so now.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:35 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,024,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk4 View Post
I recall this happening once or twice when I was in my mid to late 40s, as well as to friends of mine. I read that it has something to do with fluctuating pre-menopause hormonal levels sometimes being too low to trigger a normal period, and then the uterine lining builds up to a greater degree than usual and sloughs off when it becomes too large to support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness