Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,794 times

Advertisements

I'm 24 and over the past year, maybe more, I have experienced awful things going on with my body. Part of me wonders if they are connected. I know I should go to a doctor, and as ignorant as it sounds the reason I have not been is because I am scared.

First off, I have no energy. I sleep and get enough rest bhyt I constantly feel tired. I have a job where I am on my feet a good eight hours of the day and the whole time I am miserable and want to sit down. But even sitting has its drawbacks; if I sit for a while and get back up I have pain in my feet and it takes a while for me to be able to walk normally again without limping.

At the end of the day I have no foot pain, but once I get out of the car after driving home I just hobble to the door. If I get up in the middle of the night I have to hobble because my feet have so much pain I can barely stand.

I started setting the bed this year too. Every night I wet it, two, three times a night. I have not wet the bed since I was a kid.

My joints in my legs can feel achey if I don't use them or whern I stand up after sitting.

At twenty four I thought I would have so much energy... Instead I feel tired, fatigued, I am bed wetting and havingfoot issues. What could be wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 06:49 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,938,993 times
You need to see a doctor, scared or not. Doesn't sound life threatening, but it does sound like something that needs help....as the song goes, "You gotta get it worked on".... (Delbert McClinton)

You could have Rheumatoid Arthritis....treatable, if caught early...can delay any major problems!

You could be depressed....the bedwetting could be a sign.

You could have Plantar Fasciitis....

There are MANY thing that can be treated. Go to a doctor.

Last edited by cb at sea; 10-13-2015 at 07:30 PM..

Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 PM

48,341 posts, read 34,466,848 times
I have RA and your symptoms match mine. Not the bed wetting but the pain in the feet. For me it's feet, lower back and hands.

You have to get treatment ASAP for RA, it causes damage to your joints and you need to slow that down.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-13-2015, 09:51 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,338,170 times
I'm definitely not a doctor, but the combination of random symptoms has me thinking it could be a neurological problem. You definitely need to see a doctor for tests. The urinary incontinence, persistent pain, the difficulty walking... these are pretty severe symptoms of something.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:48 PM

44,554 posts, read 61,277,369 times
OP your symptoms sound like a female relative I have that was diagnosed with M/S at your age. You should see a doctor immediately for a complete examination including blood and urine tests.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,038,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheyfoot View Post
I'm 24 and over the past year, maybe more, I have experienced awful things going on with my body. Part of me wonders if they are connected. I know I should go to a doctor, and as ignorant as it sounds the reason I have not been is because I am scared.

First off, I have no energy. I sleep and get enough rest bhyt I constantly feel tired. I have a job where I am on my feet a good eight hours of the day and the whole time I am miserable and want to sit down. But even sitting has its drawbacks; if I sit for a while and get back up I have pain in my feet and it takes a while for me to be able to walk normally again without limping.

At the end of the day I have no foot pain, but once I get out of the car after driving home I just hobble to the door. If I get up in the middle of the night I have to hobble because my feet have so much pain I can barely stand.

I started setting the bed this year too. Every night I wet it, two, three times a night. I have not wet the bed since I was a kid.

My joints in my legs can feel achey if I don't use them or whern I stand up after sitting.

At twenty four I thought I would have so much energy... Instead I feel tired, fatigued, I am bed wetting and havingfoot issues. What could be wrong?
Posting this to a forum will get all kinds of non medical opinions, your best bet is to see a medical professional and be ready for a battery of tests to discover whats wrong with you as the symptoms you list could be representative of dozens of different medical maladies .
Eg;= http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/tiredness...tiredness.aspx

Old 10-14-2015, 05:14 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,747,509 times
I agree that you need to see a doctor. I also think you need a better pair of shoes. If the pain in your feet when you stand up after sitting or you get up after sleeping is mainly in your heels, it could be plantar fasciitis and sometimes getting shoes with a better arch or inserts for your shoes can help. It can take about six months for plantar fasciitis to heal even when you're doing everything right for it.

Feeling tired and bedwetting together can be symptoms of sleep apnea.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:45 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,927,877 times
Yeah you need to see a doctor

You could be one of those people with multiple auto-immune But the wetting is severe symptom. It could be a neurological problem.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:43 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,661,204 times
If you are only 24 years old and are having all those symptoms, something is definitely wrong. Very much so. Anyway, it's better to get medical help sooner rather than later. Not every problem can be "cured," but some conditions can be helped with the proper treatment and medication. See a doctor.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,212,206 times
Get your Vitamin D levels checked.

Mine were so low I could barely walk a flight of stairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness