Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 12:18 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,296,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Awww...poor babies. Try dealing with bloating, bleeding and cramps for a week out of every month, and then come back and complain about quarterly appetite changes. LMAO! Seriously. Some men really ARE turning into pansies!

Oh don't get me wrong here .. the "cycle" males experience isn't close to the experience females have for most of their lives, most males would end up killing someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 06:38 AM

3,688 posts, read 4,998,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Real men don't suck. Male pansies do. It's the male pansies who whine and get all offended and sarcastic when a woman tells them the truth.

Congratulations again! You win this round of Easiest Exit!

Y'know, real men don't get all hot and bothered about the menstrual cycle. It's not because we're dismissive or "simply don't get it," it's because it's a fact of life. We're not unsympathetic, there's just not a single thing to be done about it and that truly is the proverbial "that".

My mother-in-law is fond of telling the "truth" about men in the great Men vs. Women contest for most acidic urination. One of my favorites was the day I was talking about how a virus had left my stomach really hurting and she went on a tirade about how men are such wimps. She went straight for the jugular with the old if men had babies chestnut, tired as it already was:

If men had to have the babies THEY couldn't TAKE it! They'd just die from the first round of cramps from going into labor!

It bugged me -- not because I'd just been handed "the truth" and felt all whiny and put-upon; rather, it bugged me because I realized I was not only hearing this garbage for the umpty-umpth time, but also dealing with a person incapable of reason.

YES, it would kill men to have babies -- because we are not even remotely built for it. I doubt any man in history has ever suggested having babies was a walk in the park, yet the physical inability for us to do so in the first place provides an easy, impossible comparison for one-upmanship. I can have a baby. What the hell are YOU any good for?

When I said to the MIL that if men were capable of having babies in the first place then historically we'd have been doing it right alongside women, she eye-rolled her way straight to "Oh NO you all wouldn't, because YOU couldn't HANDLE it!"

Incidentally, my MIL finds me quite sexist, even though I'm never the one to bring crap like this up first.

Nevertheless, here ya go, just for the sake of argument:

From age 12-14 I carried a testicular cyst that kept trying to exit via the vas deferens. Wrapped around that same testicle was a hydrocele which would occasionally collapse onto the testicle. Pressing down on all of it was a hernia about which no one knew until I finally got the operation. A couple of crappy doctors insisted it was all in my head until a third actually bothered with some equipment that revealed what was going on; thus, I had to just live with it for far too long.

A woman couldn't deal with a two-year kick in the nuts. If one had to just once she'd shut up her whining. And also, she should eat more tomatoes because they're good for her prostate.

Now we've leveled the playing field. Can I be in the club? Huh? Can I? Can I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness