Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 09:24 PM

4 posts, read 5,006 times

Advertisements

I did an MRI to find out why I have chronic constipation and they found out the muscles for the anal sphincter aren't working properly. Now I am being told to go biofeedback therapy. I searched it and I get results of people saying it's a scam. But that's the only solution the doctor told me there is even though I know surgery is done for this problem. Anyone ever tried biofeedback therapy? I tried physical therapy before for my knees, 17 visits in total, and it's a joke. It helped some but that's it, it requires to do the exercises for the rest of your life and you still won't get 100% satisfaction, the knees never came back to normal no matter even if I did all of the exercises I was supposed to. I was so dedicated it's not even funny. Now I have to try this biofeedback. What the hell are they going to do to get the muscles working 100% again. I contacted the person who does this, she said the results are fast, like 4-6 visits, 12 visits in total if it's chronic, but she said I would have to do yoga type exercises for the rest of my life, I don't have time for that, I don't have the energy for that, why the hell don't they just do the freaking surgery, I don't have time for gimmicks, I don't have time or energy for yoga, I don't have time for mediocre or below average results. It's a pelvic floor disorder, pelvic floor dyssynergia, how is the anal sphincter fixed for surgery so the muscles will work 100% again, like they are supposed to without doing any freaking exercises, no biofeedback, none of that clown ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:35 PM

15,242 posts, read 12,843,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradRoberts View Post
I contacted the person who does this, she said the results are fast, like 4-6 visits, 12 visits in total if it's chronic, but she said I would have to do yoga type exercises for the rest of my life, I don't have time for that, I don't have the energy for that, why the hell don't they just do the freaking surgery, I don't have time for gimmicks, I don't have time or energy for yoga, I don't have time for mediocre or below average results.
They want you to do the biofeedback therapy because you have to fail all medical courses of treatment before they'll consider surgical. At least that's been my experience with various ailments. Insurance companies insist on it.

I'm assuming the surgery you're referring to is an anorectal myectomy?

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to scan this article on Dyssynergic Defecation & Biofeedback Therapy. It gives success rates for the myectomy as well as Botox injections.

DYSSYNERGIC DEFECATION & BIOFEEDBACK THERAPY

Finally, I am sorry this is happening. It must be so frustrating and stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness