U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 01:23 AM

292 posts, read 239,335 times

Advertisements

About 3 or 4 times in the past couple years,
when I woke up, I would look at an object
and the color would be wrong: Example,
a white coat would look purple, or a red
bag would look green. I've noticed that only one or
two colors would be different while all the others
would be correct (example: brown, blue and white
objects would look their normal color, but a red
object would look bright green)! This clears up
within a few minutes of being awake, but this
is very bizarre and I hope it is not a sign of any
serious nerological condition. This has never
happened before until a year or two ago :|

(I'm 39 FYI)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 07:50 AM

5,981 posts, read 6,658,919 times
Have you been to an opthalmologist? There are probably several possibilities many of which are treatable if you get to them in time.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:03 AM

11,943 posts, read 29,204,959 times
YES! Get to an Eye Dr ASAP! Go to one that knows more than Checking for Glasses.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:39 PM

292 posts, read 239,335 times
Thanks, but do you think it could be something an eye doctor can diagnose? This only happens right after waking up, and I am not experiencing blurred vision or blind spots, and only a certain color is affected (that is the bizarre part) but yes, I think I may have this looked into.

Old 12-25-2015, 04:08 PM

5,981 posts, read 6,658,919 times
Make sure to see an opthalmologist.

Difference between an Ophthalmologist, Optometrist and Optician — AAPOS

Old 12-27-2015, 11:58 PM

38,141 posts, read 43,741,427 times
OP that is a common eye distraction. Your eyes have different color pigment which give you color vision. When light hits the retina, the pigment absorbs the light which produces the sensation of color, but the pigment is used up. (Goethe was among the first to discover this phenomenon)

If you wake to sunlight or bright light to your eyes when they are shut, your eyes will see red light through your eyelids. The green and blue pigments are not used up.

When you open your eyes, you will see a greenish-blue hue to everything for a time, until your retinal cells recycle the red pigment - that takes a few seconds.

A visit to an ophthalmologist is advisable, As others have mentioned. They are trained in eye symptoms, diseases of the eye and other eye related problems. You should go just for self assurances so you won't be worrying about it.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,723 times
Did you ever get the "Weird tint/colors when waking up" checked out? I just experienced the same thing and was googling it when it popped up your post.
I'm a little concerned. Thank you.

Old Today, 12:51 AM

1 posts
Please help! Every morning when I first wake up I see a (1) soled color. My entire room wall furniture window doors everything in my room is one color. I have seen yellow, purple, green, peach , blue, red, red dots, pink and more. Once I am awake the color goes away. But if I fall back to sleep and wake up again the color will return. One time I woke up and my room was red. Then I went back to sleep and woke up to my room being covered in red dots no longer a soled red color. I don't know what is going on I am open for suggestions. I did see an eye doctor and was treated for a torn retina and did say something to the doctor about seeing color and his comment was really I don't know why you are seeing color. The end of that question. Please advise soon. Not sure what to do or who to see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness