Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM

76 posts, read 265,300 times

Advertisements

here is a thought... just my opinion of course, not a diagnosis. FMS is a series of symptoms, as is all disease. Some one mentioned osteoarthritis, but just because you were diagnosed with it, doesn't mean there is no "cure." the real question is, what is causing it. it really doesn't matter if it was triggered by lyme or not. in most cases of FMS that I have seen, there has always been a trigger, a catalyst to set everything else off.
is anybody familiar with the work of Dr Carey Reams? actually it goes back much older. When the western medicine system was developing, there were two theories, one was that germs call disease, and the other was that your body's "bio terrain" or body balance causes disease, not germs or viruses... they are simply opportunistic.
This has been proven to be true time and time again.

I am not saying to have false hope and that it will be easy. simply that we (most of us) have gotten used to taking meds for the symptoms but leaving underlying causes.
as I had mentioned previously, about peroxynitrates, this has the potential to cause many of the symptoms, but it is not the cause. so taking anti oxidants or detox baths do give some relief but it never lasts. why? it may be because the therapy reduced some of the "reasons" for the symptoms, by counter-balancing them, but did not get rid of the underlying cause.
EX: I have a patient who is 13 with all the symptoms of FMS. She has been treated by many "experts" and tried many treatments with varying degrees of success, but it always returns. When we tested her, we found the root cause to be due to imbalances in the gut and stomach. yes, cutting out wheat and diary helped, because these things were aggravating the root cause.
I know many of you have suffered for many years, but regardless of how long you have suffered. there is hope.

my intention is not to lessen or make light of anybody's suffering, only to let you know, there may be another angle to look at.

There are practitioners that do body balance or bio terrain tests.

Dr Reams treated 10,000 cancer patients one year, patients that were said to have no hope and were told there was nothing that could be done. He had a 99.94% success rate.
There is always hope. some treatments seem to work like magic for some and not for others. I believe that is because it depends on what the underlying cause is. Some are simple to correct, some are less so.
talk to your doctor or health care practitioner about checking for body systems balances. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 07:34 AM

633 posts, read 1,949,994 times
No that is not what I ment, I must have not expressed myself properly.

What I was saying is try to rule out what the base cause is. I believe Fibro in it self is a symptom. Oddly if you do an apples to apples comparison to lyme and fibro the symptoms are the same.

I am not trying to play down that fibro is not real nor that it is debilitating, Since I can remember suffering all of the same symptoms. My reference to 1 week was just 1 instance. What I was trying to show is that I was accepting it as my fibro symptom, and I was very apathetic at the time and figured I was just going to die a f---in miserable death like my wife past husband. Or like I was going to wake up one morning with my face hanging down on one side since my doctor said that would most likely happen but he would be there for me. He was an ass.

Since I have been actively doing alternative meds / solutions I have been great, Lyme symptom free.

I had a similar discussion a couple of years back with a lady who suffers severely from fibro and she was outraged with her doctor and wanted to find a new one. I urged her to go the "rule out" lyme route. she resisted and when she was able to finally leave her home she went to a fibro doctor. Hey that is how he makes a living people they have fibro. And I my opinion is a symptom not the base cause or disease.

I believe dr rick understands my premise.

Many people are afraid of change or to try new things or are at the give up point and do not want to put in the effort or even worse hold on to a disability as a crutch.

Now please do not rip into me everyone who just got mad, I'm sorry but in many cases scenarios like above do apply.

All I intended to do when I initially scanned the health forum post was possibly find one that I might have some type of benefit to share.

With my health I try to consider my whole body. When I get a cough I try to figure is it bacterial or viral. Do I want probiotics or antivirals from the garden.

Monday I remove another deer tick from my leg and I have been taking all my anti-parasitics. The bulls eye is disappearing and I am not experiencing any lyme symptoms. Is this the correct thing to do? Am I being a fool? I don’t know. What I know is that I do not want to run to my lyme doc yet. If I lose my sight of wake up with bells palsy, I’ll let you know.

But right now, I feel good. And there is no way that anyone in here can say that there is not 1 person who has not been misdiagnosed with lyme and my benefit by thinking out of the “Fibro box”.

Again I mentioned accupunture because my fibro symptoms fadded quickly. I also believe that accupunture enable my own body to also fight lyme and the co-infections better.

I do not want to go head to head with anyone in here. I would love to read from someone a similar situation, belief or in a couple of weeks a success story.

michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Thanks....I would not wish my 40+ years with this condition on anyone...not even my worse enemy ! Even when the pain subsides for awhile, the fatigue and brain fog are still there.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:05 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I really must ask--where do all these people live that are getting ticks all over them?

I'm not going to keep butting heads with someone who refers constantly to Fibromyalgia as a symptom-not a disease. WE obviously disagree.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I really must ask--where do all these people live that are getting ticks all over them?

I'm not going to keep butting heads with someone who refers constantly to Fibromyalgia as a symptom-not a disease. WE obviously disagree.
Here, in our area, it is not uncommon to get ticks, but I had the fibro long before we moved here. And in my home State, Idaho, the only ticks are the dog ticks, which are not a problem on people.

I am with you on your last statement...of course.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:08 AM

With tight lips I share this with you,

New Ideas About the Cause, Spread and Therapy of Lyme Disease

Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new jersey mike View Post

Just one question...if it is believed that fibromyalgia and Lyme are the same disease, why are there so many more woman than men with fibromyalgia?
When I last looked, there are a lot more men who have always been the ones who were outdoors more than women, espacially in tick infested areas.
Also, many of my female friends that suffer from fibro were never outdoor people!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:16 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
Quote:
Just one question...if it is believed that fibromyalgia and Lyme are the same disease, why are there so many more woman than men with fibromyalgia?
When I last looked, there are a lot more men who have always been the ones who were outdoors more than women, espacially in tick infested areas.
Also, many of my female friends that suffer from fibro were never outdoor people!
good questions from you, Towhee. I'm OvEr this Lyme= Fibromyalgia BS.
BOTH are indeed conditions. Seperate and apart of each other; even though one may initially be diagnosed as the other.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:15 PM

You know that question can not be answered or at least by me.

I posted the link for the article only to show there is more and more evidence that lyme can be spread by more then a tick.

Quote:

Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
<>The last time I had it we were using the needles and the accupuncturist said I had such severe neuropathy and so much pain with it that I should go see my MD. That's just what I didn't want to do cause I have a lot of problems when I take meds. I wouldn't make a good druggie cause most meds make me sick.
I know some people who had success with taking large doses of antioxidants like OPC-3 and B vitamins as well as aloe. Taking large does of pain killers is a sure route to addiction, which is much more expensive than supplements.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:14 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,945 times
Part of the problem getting treatment is because there are so many who don't belive it's a real disease.

This is unfortunately true. My aunt has claimed to have it for many years. I believed her for the first 5 years or so. Then a roommate of mine got it. I told her everything my aunt had told me about it. She got upset and showed me all the documentation from her doctor that negated everything my aunt told me. When I showed my aunt, she became very confrontational.

It's been over 12 years since that conversation. I know there have been some advances in the study of FM. But she'll NEVER convince me that she has it or that sleeping on a heaterless waterbed and limiting all her activity (except small craft work and paperwork) is what her doctor recommends.

But knowing how she fooled myself (and several others) for the first 5 years, makes me suspicious when I hear FM. I'm not the only one. She was the first one I ever knew (as well as others knew too, I'm sure) that ever claimed to be diagnosed with it. Now, I ask questions because I know it's easy to fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness