U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 08:51 PM

47 posts, read 222,985 times

Advertisements

Have you had any dealings with fibromyalgia? I was diagnosed with this quite a few years ago. Just wondering if anyone has found any real help for it. I have alot of pain in neck, shouler, and back area. I can't always take muscle relaxer as they make me too sleepy. Sometimes massage helps but lately, its not helping either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 11:25 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,875,529 times
From what I know about fibromyalgia,is that there is not a cure for it.I think about the only thing to do is search the internet,(which I'm sure you've done)and look at all the different treatments there are and what works best for you.I can't even imagine what this does to a person not only physical but emotional as well.I wish you luck in finding some kind of method to ease your pain.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:00 AM

1,394 posts, read 3,830,460 times
Hi, I also have fibromyaliga, my doctors have only given me pain killers for it, since there is no new cure. I don't know what state you live in, but I am from Minnesota, and the cold with the humidity, is a killer.
I told my husband that I can not take another winter here, and our plans are to move in June of next year. The only thing that helps mine is a hot bath, keeping warm, even though it is hard to do in this state. I know how you feel, I also have the start of RA and that makes it worse, along with other health problems.
I am in my 40's and it feels like I am pushing 80 or 90 years old. So with out a warm climate, and pain killers, it is hard to live a normal everyday life.
You can also check out Web MD and see if they don't have anything new out yet. I would think that if there was something new my doctors would have told me, since I see them at least once a month if not more.
Good luck, I hope you feel better just knowing you are not alone, we just have to take things a day at a time, if some days are worse a minute at a time, anything just to get through the day. Take care. Dorene

Old 11-20-2006, 12:04 AM

1,394 posts, read 3,830,460 times
Also I forgot to add, I will go in to see a chiropractor a couple times a year, just to try to help losen up tight muscles, and help take some of the pain away. With mine it takes about three treatments, and it really does help. Just another thought. Take care, Dorene

Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 6,917 times
I live in Minnesota, am in my 40s too, and I've had fibromyalgia since I was about 19. I'd tried everything under the sun and nothing ever worked very well. A couple years ago I found a site called Curezone and I started doing liver flushes, completely changing my diet, and slowly started bike riding. I got rid of 90% of my symptoms!

I felt so good I went back to my bad eating habits, stopped the flushes and exercises. Now I'm back to full blown symptoms. I'm going to get back to my "cure" but I wanted you to know there is hope, and it was pretty much free! For me, it was a huge thing - not only regaining my health, but to know that I do have the power to go back to a normal life.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 PM

131 posts, read 430,692 times
I have chronic fatigue syndrome which is the "sister" to FM. I recently started taking a good multi-vitamin. I also drink NONI juice and Acai powder. I usually put the powder in yogurt. I have to, have to, stay away from sweets and fast foods. Every time I eat them my energy is just gone and I feel really crappy. Lately, I have been feeling better since taking the vitamins and Noni and Acai. I am actually able to last the whole day without taking a nap. BTW, Mangosteen and Acai are suppossed to be Wonder Fruits of the Amazon. You can get them at any health food store. Not expensive either. They come in powder, pills and liquid.

My pain is very infrequent now and at a tolerable level.
Hope this helps.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 PM

131 posts, read 430,692 times
The name of the multi-vitamin is Regeneration by Nature's Plus.

The Mangosteen and Acai fruit are very high in antioxidants.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 AM

9,258 posts, read 18,762,357 times
My cousin went the glyconutrient route and after 11 years of illness became well again. I don't know if it worked or if she outgrew it, but she's well. The stuff she took was expensive, so buyer beware.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:59 PM

317 posts, read 1,087,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatalady View Post
I have chronic fatigue syndrome which is the "sister" to FM. I recently started taking a good multi-vitamin. I also drink NONI juice and Acai powder. I usually put the powder in yogurt. I have to, have to, stay away from sweets and fast foods. Every time I eat them my energy is just gone and I feel really crappy. Lately, I have been feeling better since taking the vitamins and Noni and Acai. I am actually able to last the whole day without taking a nap. BTW, Mangosteen and Acai are suppossed to be Wonder Fruits of the Amazon. You can get them at any health food store. Not expensive either. They come in powder, pills and liquid.

My pain is very infrequent now and at a tolerable level.
Hope this helps.

whatalady

thanks for your post. I have fibro and cfs. Your comment about not eating sweets or starches hit home. And....not having to take a nap? I would try anything not to feel like I need 8 hours of sleep at 2 in the afternoon. Also, the muscle tightness...I noticed that my shoulders are inching up closer and closer to my ears all the time -- honestly. Do you exercise and if you do, HOW do you find the energy to do so. It is a vicious cycle and when I try to break out of it....as in not eats sweets, etc., I feel like I am either going to vomit or pass out.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:08 AM

9,620 posts, read 21,100,088 times
It's those simple starches, the enriched flour products with high-fructose corn syrup that wreak havoc. Also additives like maltodextrin, modified corn starch,etc. And two of the worst: partially hydrogenated anything and monosodium glutamate. Ever see the words 'natural flavors' on your food labels? 9 times out of 10, if it's not an organic product, its msg for the flavors.
When i avoid all those bad ingredients, i feel great. But when i get weak willed and sometimes eat them, i get all the symptoms all over again.

i did manage to get rid of all my fibromyalgia symptoms several years ago by cutting out all the simple starches, any bad additives, and essentially by eating a strict vegetarian diet, and no more pain. Just like a poster said above, it can be done.
Conventional doctors will tell you there is no cure, and just keep prescribing pills for you, that way they stay in business. Ever notice that the majority of doctors only prescribe pills to control symptoms and never cure them? Because if they did, they couldn't afford all their big screen tv's and adding rooms on their homes. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or