Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times

Advertisements

My fiance had it done in about 2001. She had to have it done again this past fall because they didn't really do it right the first time. Unfortunately, after her recent surgery, she developes blood clots but was fortunate enough to survive and we are grateful for that. She can breath now, but she has to take coumadin for the clots which isnt good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 02:05 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Default Thanks...

Thanks for all the input so far, guys. Seems like the people I'm talking to about it have a mixed verdict. Some seem to feel it was the best thing they ever did for themselves and others that it did virtually nothing for them....
So it may depend on the individual.

My husband's ENT is board certified and well-respected here in Dallas. We don't have any issue with him, but my husband does have an appointment on the 18th to get a "second opinion" from another board certified ENT. If he concurs that he needs him, I'm sure he'll probably proceed with it. His situation is so bad right now he almost has to try something, at least try.

Thanks again for you perspective. Hopefully, some more will post as well.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:52 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
I forgot to mention, they recommended one of my coworkers have sinus surgery her allergies were and sinusses were so bad she was out of work for 10 days. Before this, she had not missed a day of work in 10 years. She got rid of her cat and quit smoking and she is fine now.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I could NEVER get rid of my cats. There would have to be a different way.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 7,905 times
Default Endoscopic Sinus Surgery - helped a lot!

I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery to remove a hamartoma tumor. It was very successful.

I decided to create a few web pages to tell about my experience to help others. The URL is:

[URL="http://www.archwired.com/endoscopic_sinus_surgery_home.htm"]www.archwired.com/endoscopic_sinus_surgery_home.htm[/URL]

Best of luck to anyone facing this type of surgery!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 AM

392 posts, read 990,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Kaykay - I've never had this procedure done, but maybe this site will help you to understand it a little better
What Is Endoscopic Sinus Surgery?
Thanks for that site KayKay. I'm scheduled for this in January.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 7,178 times
I had surgery 10 days ago in the UK. It is painful for a few hours after surgery, but as soon as the packing is removed and you take a couple of paracetamol the pain goes. There was some bleeding for a couple of days, some dizziness, and a few mild headaches, but OH JOY the sinus pains have gone and I am starting to breath properly through my nose again. I have great hopes of continued improvement.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 12,759 times
I had endoscopic surgery on 7/17/2009 and it was very successful. I had a sinus headache for about a week and prior to the surgery I had cronic fatigue. 10 days later no headaches I can breathe and I have more energy than I had the last 20 years. My surgereon was awesome!!!!! The procedure took two hours and at the end of the day I felt a huge difference. You do need to lay low for about 7 days after that its important to flush the sinuses daily. I started working out 8 days after the surgery and again I feel great.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,625 times
Hi, new to this forum, but wanted to let everyone know that I had a friend die from the sinus cleaning surgery this past year. He went in for what was to be an easy procedure. Instead he bled to death through his nose and into his throat. He was only 44. Left behind a wife and 3 kids.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:34 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
I had one side done back in 1996. I wish my doctor would do the other side but he says it isn't bad enough yet. I could breathe! When I woke up I could actually feel the air moving through my nostril for the 1st time in years. I had no pain to speak of. I did the rinsing as instructed and had no problems, either. Love the effect, still good today, 13 yrs later.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-06-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness