Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 12:58 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times

Advertisements

First coffee is good for you, then bad then good. Lol, people drink what the like. I drink water all day and enjoy my diet soda at night.

Last edited by Heath V; 02-09-2016 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
I drink coffee with 4 tbsp. of creamer in the morning. I drink a big 32-oz. cup of Diet Coke/Dr. Pepper after that. Yum yum for the tum-tum.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:39 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
On very rare occasions I have purchased coke zero ,but only drank half of the bottle. In truth it isn't bad just not refreshing. I find cold filtered water refreshing ,but lately either get Simply Limeade or we squeeze limes and add a little sugar even Xylitol ,but mostly sugar. My point is I find Sodas simply aweful tasting and unhealthy . Diet sodas are jacked with super sugar additives one of the worse drinks for diabetics on earth. Caffeinated drinks are tough on the kidney's and lattes are killing Americans. All these drinks drive the body into acidosis some having a PH of 2.5 whereas an alkaline is near 7! Cancers are advantageous when fed by sugars and low PH. Coke is corrosive as are all coloa's some containing 8-12 tsps of refined sugar. Artificial sweeteners like Splenda, aspertame, and frutose are dangerous in their own ways they metabolize. Aspertame converts to wood alcohol and metabolizes to the brain quickly. The hits alter transmitters and invade tissue that can result in seizures, blindness ( temporary) brain tumors, stroke, and aggravating temporal arteritis. Plus the gut cannot figure out what to do with these substances. If one evaluates coffee additive ingredients it's like they threw the kitchen sink of carcinogens into these unmonitored death traps!!
So what, the moment after one is born they are already starting to die and I have an auto immune liver disease, had a stroke and have some sort of heart malfunction and guess what, I am going to eat and drink what I want when I want. What is the worst that can happen? I'll die twice?
By the way I have never had a diet pop and I have had maybe a dozen cans of pop in the last 25 years.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:42 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I think it all falls back to "everything in moderation"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,526 times
Here's a tip...drink what you like, and I'll drink what I like k? I won't break down all the problems with your drink and I'll just kinda live my own life. Who are you to even question what I want to drink. Maybe I don't care about cancer or living long or maybe I do and don't believe a word of what you just parroted back.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:30 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
I drink coffee, tea (with milk, I'm English) & various soda (lemonade, coke, fanta etc..)...

I know soda isn't exactly healthy but I'm not keen on water & I do mostly buy the sugarfree or "diet" sodas. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow & I don't smoke or drink alcohol very often so I need some "vice" in my life...

Old 02-09-2016, 04:20 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Water is the best to keep us hydrated. And helpful for joints.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:59 PM

185 posts, read 143,321 times
Water is good, really good after a 7 mile run in the sun! I've never been a fan of soda (coke products) and probably drink less than 10oz per year. I do enjoy morning coffee, usually about 2 to 4 cups.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:09 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I drink coffee every morning, but I wouldn't drink it later in the day.
Once in a great while, I drink diet soda or Coke Zero. Maybe once a year or so, I drink a regular Pepsi.
Every day I drink icy cold water, sometimes with lemon or lime.
My point is, we all learn what is best for us.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:45 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
I drink coffee, don't like coke, but here's a secret. If you don't like it, don't drink it, and if others want to drink it, it is really not your business!
But, these folks drive up the cost of health care and then your insurance premiums go up. In Denmark folks drink water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink