Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 PM

729 posts, read 429,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryEtch View Post
Liable for what? The decision would be mine, I'm the one liable for it.

And I'm absolutely sure I don't want kids. Even the thought of it makes me cringe.
Quote:
That's the thing. I believe in individual responsability. If I come to regret it (which I wouldn't), that would be my problem, no one else's.
You better tell them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
I want to have a vasectomy done as soon as possible. I only manage to have sex sporadically but I don't want to run risks even once.

I had an appointment with an urologist on Friday and he just wouldn't do it. He says I'm far too young.

I mean, I can already bear big responsabilities like driving a car, voting, working but I can't decide what to do with my own body?
Call Planned Parenthood and ask them for advice or a referral. They are happy to assist men as well as women..

Old 04-03-2016, 06:38 PM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
I want to have a vasectomy done as soon as possible. I only manage to have sex sporadically but I don't want to run risks even once.

I had an appointment with an urologist on Friday and he just wouldn't do it. He says I'm far too young.

I mean, I can already bear big responsabilities like driving a car, voting, working but I can't decide what to do with my own body?
Great choice! Having children is a very unrewarding experience for most people, just ask around.

Last edited by ezrider62; 04-03-2016 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 04-03-2016, 07:08 PM

417 posts, read 345,277 times
No doctor in America will give you a vasectomy at your age unless you have some awful genetic condition that will spread to your offspring

Old 04-03-2016, 07:47 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:

I'll laugh if you post a follow up thread "I'm having sex three times a day with a fabulous woman. I love her very much but she refuses to marry me because I had a vasectomy when I was young and stupid and now we both want children. What can I do?"

---

I personally know several people, both men and women, who were adamant that they never wanted children when they were in their 20s but changed their minds when they were in their 30s.

One ended up being infertile (just a coincidence as she did not know it until she was trying to have a child) and she and her husband spent well over $100,000 on fertility treatments & then adoption expenses for their two children.

Another was a man that I knew well. He also tried to get a vasectomy at about 27 or 28 (as he was quite the player). Luckily for him he couldn't find a doctor to do it as a year or two later he meet his "one true love" and they were married & had two children. They have now been married about 35 years, are retired and are the loving grandparents of several grandkids.

But, maybe you will continue to hate children your entire life. Some people are like that.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:09 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Men who have vasectomies can hedge their bet by having semen stored for possible future use. The fees are significant, though.

https://fairfaxcryobank.com/us/sperm-storage-faqs#fees

Old 04-03-2016, 11:18 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
You just need to search around until you find someone who is willing to do it.
Bingo! Indeed, just make sure that this is genuinely what you want--especially with Vasalgel possibly being released in just two years!

Also, though, you can certainly freeze some of your sperm beforehand as a back-up option. Indeed, I myself certainly plan to do this before I myself will get surgically castrated (which, for the record, I certainly don't recommend!).

Old 04-03-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I'll laugh if you post a follow up thread "I'm having sex three times a day with a fabulous woman. I love her very much but she refuses to marry me because I had a vasectomy when I was young and stupid and now we both want children. What can I do?"

---

I personally know several people, both men and women, who were adamant that they never wanted children when they were in their 20s but changed their minds when they were in their 30s.

One ended up being infertile (just a coincidence as she did not know it until she was trying to have a child) and she and her husband spent well over $100,000 on fertility treatments & then adoption expenses for their two children.

Another was a man that I knew well. He also tried to get a vasectomy at about 27 or 28 (as he was quite the player). Luckily for him he couldn't find a doctor to do it as a year or two later he meet his "one true love" and they were married & had two children. They have now been married about 35 years, are retired and are the loving grandparents of several grandkids.

But, maybe you will continue to hate children your entire life. Some people are like that.
Um ... (pre-sterilization) sperm freezing?

Old 04-03-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
At least you don't want to be castrated like another regular poster does.
Frankly, I'm flattered! I really am!

Old 04-04-2016, 12:47 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yet it's shocking how many people will make decisions and then blame someone else when they don't like the result and/or change their mind. We see that all the time here on CD. Maybe you're not like that, but lots of other people are.
That's what waivers are for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness