Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 05:36 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Aren't vasectomies reversible if you change your mind? Maybe not 100% but I've heard it can be done.

As a female, I started talking to my doc about getting my tubes tied at 25. Just talking, exploring the idea. We talked about it several times over the next few years and I finally had it done at 30. No regrets whatsoever an I'm 65 now.
Yes my husband had his redone with success. We had to find the right Dr.
His situation was different. It was done in his late 30's in The Netherlands.
His ex wife ( that I have mentioned here before :/ ) withheld sex from him after 16 years of marriage unless he had it done . Not only did the Dr have a student hack on him, ex wife LEFT 3 weeks later to marry someone else . The hack job also left him with fairly regular feelings that someone had suddenly kicked him in the privates .
Like several times an hour and it hurt .
We found the right Dr. when we came back to the states . He put him back together and he is fertile and no more feelings of being kicked in the privates anymore .
As a side note - ex wife found out and was totally enraged . Emails attempted PM's thru their kids- you name it . She cannot call to the states anymore or I am SURE she would have . I am surprised she didn't send a telegram .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 06:54 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
The reason is because the doctor wants you to be as miserable as he is with his nagging wife and bratty kids.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 PM

214 posts, read 260,153 times
I didn't want kids in my 20's. Now that I am in my late thirties and I am childless I am extremely happy with my decision.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:20 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
I didn't want kids in my 20's. Now that I am in my late thirties and I am childless I am extremely happy with my decision.
Very cool and il bet you have way more money to.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Because you are too young to know what you want for the rest of your life. At 24 a vasectomy might sound like a good idea, but in a few years you might feel completely differently.

People change and situations change. What if at 30 you fall in love with a woman who desperately wants to have kids with you and your vasectomy can't be reversed?

Same reason they don't do tubal ligations or even IUDs in young women who have never had kids.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:45 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
OP, you'll find a doctor to do it. I always knew - well from the time of being a teenager - that I only wanted one child. I didn't want to deal with sibling rivalry. When you have one child, you can sit down and enjoy them. When you have more than one, it's hard to enjoy either of them, because they're usually vying for your attention. I was the oldest of 4 kids I basically raised for my dysfunctional parents and I babysat and nannied enough to know what I was talking about. At any rate, I was absolutely sure I only wanted one child.

I had my daughter when I was 22. When she was about 2 years old, I looked for a doctor to tie my tubes. I was 24, and this was 1980. I can tell you it was really hard to find a doctor to do it, but even that long ago, I was able to find a doctor to do it.

They would actually ask me, what if your daughter dies? Yeesh! I told them, then if I want more children in my life I'll adopt some.

I am not sorry about that decision. I'm now 60.

You do what's right for you.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:37 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Same reason they don't do tubal ligations or even IUDs in young women who have never had kids.
An IUD? Where is this? Salt Lake City, Utah?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:28 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryEtch View Post
I want to have a vasectomy done as soon as possible. I only manage to have sex sporadically but I don't want to run risks even once.

I had an appointment with an urologist on Friday and he just wouldn't do it. He says I'm far too young.

I mean, I can already bear big responsabilities like driving a car, voting, working but I can't decide what to do with my own body?
Seems like conservative doctors are pushing their religious beliefs down people's throats

Old 04-06-2016, 03:24 AM

318 posts, read 372,662 times
Amusing. if his post was saying he wants a baby (with his wife at his current age), I don't think we'd see "you're too young to make this choice" "it's such a permanent decision, you might change your mind" "wait until you are at least 30" "what if your wife leaves, you get divorced and you meet a perfect woman, but she doesn't want to be a step mommy and leaves youuuu. could you handle missing out on your soul mate because a baby seems like a good idea now?"

We all make choices in life that are permanent. Some we regret, some we don't- such is life.

I have known very vocal anti kid people that later have a planned kid. also many more that confide in me that if they had a do over, their children wouldn't exist. the regret/changed minds can go both ways. at least this dude wants to take control of his fertility and won't end up making a woman a single mom who thinks she could change his mind. also people who do NOT want children pressured into kids, and the spouse who wanted them bails. leaving the other a single parent. they love their children, but harbor some serious resentments. Meeting a potential woman so fundamentally different is no excuse to change a plan like this.

btw- here. no regrets yet. kids impossible. knew when I was a very young child that it wasn't what I wanted. met someone who shared the same plan. I would have been quickly friend zoned had I wanted children. so for every man who doesn't want children, there's a woman in the same boat.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:34 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Earlier in life i thought i never wanted kids but ended up with two beauties.Now being close to 70 i can see the lifestyle of a half dozen friends who chose not to have kids,
Oddly they are now all single with few friends, their apartments are devoid of any pictures or memories of a family,they've never had memories of the joys ones children can bring,,no one to remember the good times they had being a Mom or Dad or what they could have imparted to their kids ,basically leaving behind no legacy.IMO a rather lonely life, i dont envy their choice to live a childless life, i'm so glad i never went through with my vasectomy as i would never have experienced the joys children can bring...

Last edited by jambo101; 04-06-2016 at 05:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness