Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 11:59 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,227,060 times

Advertisements

Tommie Copper has a really big advertising campaign pushing their products. Any experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 12:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,658,193 times
I've been using knee supports since my RIGHT knee started acting up 20 yrs ago, I was 57 and still going to my gym and started using them at that point. I've used so many and try different ones and couldn't walk IF I didn't wear one. I have one I sometimes sleep in to keep knee stable during sleep. I have a Tommie Copper ankle support and like it. I've never bought their knee support but know it exists...may be too tight for my knee. It's really a hit and miss when working with these supports. I have bought a magnetic knee support and on my second one.

It all depends on chronically pained and arthritic the knee is. My left side of my body is much much better than right but OA is visiting my left knee and ankle too.

Amazon has great selection and a lot of reviews.

PS: THese supports and all the modalities and supps I use KEEP me surgery as the hip replacement was a pretty major disappointment....no more for me as long as I can walk where I have to go.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:30 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,227,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been using knee supports since my RIGHT knee started acting up 20 yrs ago, I was 57 and still going to my gym and started using them at that point. I've used so many and try different ones and couldn't walk IF I didn't wear one. I have one I sometimes sleep in to keep knee stable during sleep. I have a Tommie Copper ankle support and like it. I've never bought their knee support but know it exists...may be too tight for my knee. It's really a hit and miss when working with these supports. I have bought a magnetic knee support and on my second one.

It all depends on chronically pained and arthritic the knee is. My left side of my body is much much better than right but OA is visiting my left knee and ankle too.

Amazon has great selection and a lot of reviews.

PS: THese supports and all the modalities and supps I use KEEP me surgery as the hip replacement was a pretty major disappointment....no more for me as long as I can walk where I have to go.
Wow, old timer, you are a true inspiration and source of hope.

Partial meniscectomy 12years ago at age 60. Since then, no problems until recently. Ordered a Tommie Copper compression sleeve after reading your response.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:27 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,658,193 times
Let me know how you like the Tommie sleeve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness