Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 07:02 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Yeah I think if cancer loved sugar, I'd be dead by now.
Ten times over here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Sugar has been shown to promote tumor growth.
Don't ALL nutrients?

Old 04-15-2016, 11:08 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I never heard all nutrients promote tumor growth....I'd like to see that info.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:30 AM

All nutrients "feed" tumors, which is why the rest of the body wastes away. If you mean sugar CREATES tumors, I doubt it.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:05 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I never heard all nutrients promote tumor growth....I'd like to see that info.
Feed would be a better word. That's why a sudden weight loss is one of the symptoms.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2016, 11:08 PM

82 posts, read 91,392 times
We started the Whole 30 way of eating last fall and read every label on everything we put into our bodies and added sugar was the single ingredient that was in almost everything that had a food label. I was shocked! Did you know that all bacon (not the maple flavored kind) is cured with sugar? I thought plain bacon was a sugar free safe food but noooooo. And the plain rotisserie chicken? Oh yeah that has sugar in it too. I never thought of reading the label on a "plain" rotisserie chicken before. I was so pissed off at sugar in everything that after a few days I gave up on reading labels. We only buy whole foods now and assume that everything else has sugar added. Living without added sugar is hard. And inconvenient. And frustrating. There aren't enough convenient food options if you want to live without added sugar. I hope that changes soon.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:16 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,227,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Sugar has been shown to promote tumor growth.
No it hasn't.....

"some people have concluded that cancer cells grow faster on sugar. But this isn't true."

Cancer causes: Popular myths about the causes of cancer - Mayo Clinic

Old 04-18-2016, 11:35 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,281 times
Yes, I have. Processed sugar is essentially an addictive, toxic poison. A little may be OK, but it sets up a craving almost immediately, and really spikes your glycemic index. We use organic, raw, unflitered honey for sweetening things, or pineapple juice. Most of the new evidence on long term use of sugar substitutes shows that they're as bad or worse for you as sugar, and cause weight gain, not loss, from sugar craving. I understand there's supposed to be a "healthy" sugar from coconuts and dates, but I don't buy it. Anything processed is not healthy. When you start reading labels it's a revelation! You quickly see why so many people are so unhealthy in this country. Sugar, soy and wheat are in nearly everything, and none of them are good for you. Soy beans, yes, processed soy, no. I bought some hot sauce w/o reading the label (not my usual Crystal) and it had wheat AND sugar in it! Amazing.

Beware of stevia. I broke out w/ a terrible itchy rash from that, and two expensive doctor visits were simply a waste of money. After I sat down and thought about what had changed in my life that might have brought on such a rash, I finally remembered that I had switched from sugar to stevia in my coffee. Some web research found other such reactions, and one week after stopping the stevia my symptoms went away.

I doubt that sugar actually promotes cancer, but I can certainly see how eating unhealthy sweets would lead to all manner of health problems, which would lead to a stressed individual w/ a stressed immune system, thereby leading to cancer. That's sound science. Anything someone can do to support their immune system and avoid the formation of free radicals will put them in a better position to not only fight cancer, but will also help in the prevention of developing it in the first place. No guarantees, but you always want to go w/ the odds, not against them.

Last edited by smarino; 04-18-2016 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-18-2016, 12:33 PM

We naturally like it; not sure that's an "addiction." Maybe we don't get addicted to foods WITHOUT sugar because, frankly, they don't taste very good!

Old 04-18-2016, 06:07 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
One thing for sure, the dental industry does not want we the people to cut out too much sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness