U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 07:24 PM

104 posts, read 44,046 times

Advertisements

Looking gir low s ad lt no salt cheese or alternative to cheese
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 10:37 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,262,712 times
Most grocery stores have both low fat and low salt cheeses. I stopped eating dairy years and years ago (w/ some impressive health benefits from avoiding it), but I see it all the time on the shelves. The non dairy fake cheeses, which I occasionally buy, are pretty unhealthy too. They're mostly soy flour, rice flour, stuff like that. Very little nutritional value, highly acidic, and create lots of mucus, as does real cheese. Used occasionally and sparingly and w/ other foods they're not so bad.

When I go out for tacos I get the soft corn w/ no rice, and go w/ beans, salsa, and whatever other veggie stuff looks good like shredded cabbage, onions, etc. Add some hot sauce and it's delicious, and the only thing acidic is the beans. Don't even miss the cheese. We gave up on the non gluten pizzas (don't eat wheat either, which completely cured my seasonal allergies) because you have to deal w/ the cheese, acidic tomato sauce, and rice flour crust. It's also a highly processed "food", as are the fake cheeses. Worst of all are the soy burgers, which not only contain wheat gluten and soy, but lots of other unhealthy things. Processed soy, and all rices other than wild rice, are some of the most acidic and mucus causing substances on the planet.

Last edited by smarino; 04-18-2016 at 10:46 AM..

Old 04-18-2016, 11:27 AM

18,762 posts, read 6,129,215 times
When I buy some cheese, it's a hard cheese or goat cheese. Eat in moderation. On soy, it's killing millions of thyroids. I found out the hard way when the soy rage hit the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness