U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 03:11 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,398,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Probably over a thousand partners and I never caught anything. You just have to be selective I guess. I know I was. Not just anybody. I've seen those films they show and, frankly, with few exceptions, they depict people I'd never bed down with.

Ahhh, but would you bed down with some of the partners your "over a thousand partners" have bedded down with? While you can see your partners, you can't see theirs and you might as well face it, they may not be as selective as you (think) you are.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 03:13 PM

4,810 posts, read 5,436,611 times
Quote:

Probably over a thousand partners and I never caught anything.
Are you a guy? No man can factually say he's never caught anything because he doesn't KNOW if he has or has had HPV. There is no test for men.

Quote:

You just have to be selective I guess. I know I was. Not just anybody. I've seen those films they show and, frankly, with few exceptions, they depict people I'd never bed down with.
Wow, even more brilliance on display!

This one actually believes you can detect STDs just by looking at a person!!!

Guess what, I know a lot of people with herpes. Every last one of them is middle to upper middle class, presentable, beautifully dressed, and financially secure.

They're at your church, your private club, your workplace, etc ...

Old 04-21-2016, 07:24 PM

11,352 posts, read 7,403,434 times
I read through this thread.

DANG! I am glad I'm an old married guy.
Y'all are crazy!

Old 04-21-2016, 09:16 PM

2,731 posts, read 1,212,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Thanks for the science lesson. It's a very different thing trusting your spouse to "withdraw" when you've decided you've both decided you don't want kids. Do you think there is ANY WAY IN HELL I would trust a hookup, FB, or FWB to pull out when "it just feels so good"? So what works for you is fantastic...but it doesn't do a thing for the majority. And of course it doesn't address the issue of STI's....so yeah...not many married folks use condoms anyway.
This method works. As long as you can control the mind,you can control the SPINE too..

Old 04-21-2016, 09:37 PM

1,532 posts, read 941,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I know of a situation where the
couple was married for 25 years &
she acquired an std.
Found out her lovely husband
had an extensive history of
cheating & exposed her.

That's just terrible.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:37 AM

1,328 posts, read 700,709 times
I only read the OP but seriously? Use a condom or two. Even those that are not cheaters may have an STD just from being with a cheater/a victim of a cheater!

Sheesh, common since OP!

Old 04-22-2016, 01:42 AM

5,119 posts, read 3,636,143 times
Quote of question by OP: "but in your experience in life, do you find that to be true ?"

Are you kidding???? Why would anyone even take the risk of finding out it's not true? Is your health not worth using protection?

Old 04-22-2016, 03:35 AM

16,470 posts, read 20,002,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
The phrase "make sure they've been tested" is casually thrown around like it actually means something. What it usually means is asking someone if they've been tested, not defining what testing means, and then trusting them.

BTW, you didn't say a word about YOU getting tested. You are the other half of the equation.
I gain no comfort whatsoever from someone saying to me they're HIV negative, due to the incubation period, and anyone that gains comfort from that is living dangerously, IMO!

I used to do home care, through the Ryan White program in the early 90's, on AIDS patients, and I had one patient who knew he had AIDS, but simply couldn't test positive until much later!

And, remember, there's some people who are immune to AIDS.

My partner was diagnosed with AIDS, 3 years into our 10 year relationship, and he was forever insisting that I get tested. I automatically assumed I had it, so why the confirmation? Too late to protect myself, and no safe sex practices up until he died!

3 years after he died, surprised I wasn't dead from it, I finally got tested! Negative!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:14 AM

3,673 posts, read 3,251,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
we were conditioned by the tv, school and of course our family's that you should not be with multiple partners because you will catch herpes, hiv, ect. but in your experience in life, do you find that to be true ?

Technically "you can catch an STD from only a single unprotected encounter" but in general it's not true for middle class people who only bang other middle class people. If you have exotic tastes or if you bang people who have exotic tastes, then use protection. It's pretty much a no-brainer.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:27 AM

4,010 posts, read 1,954,266 times
Quote:
Probably over a thousand partners and I never caught anything. You just have to be selective I guess. I know I was. Not just anybody. I've seen those films they show and, frankly, with few exceptions, they depict people I'd never bed down with.
First of all not really believing your 1K + figure (a different person every week for 19 years). Secondly even if you were close to that figure, overwhelming odds are you would have a variety of viruses - many which could be asymptomatic and some of which don't have tests. So presuming even a modicum of truth, you are (likely) not only a carrier but guilty of spreading disease to many, many otherwise innocent ladies.

So congrats, you can feel good about killing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or