Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 06:47 AM

200 posts, read 181,639 times

Advertisements

have seen several eye doctors.........both eyes literally dripping all the time....have used steroid eye drop helps but can't continue forever use , nervous due to the damage steroids does to body....wash eyes constantly with baby shampoo.....both eyes red dripping somewhat sticky ......help........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,011,291 times
What type of eye doctor? Optician, Optometrist, or Ophthalmologist?

With the symptoms you're describing, an Ophthalmologist would be the better choice since they are a medical doctor.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,891,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetz View Post
have seen several eye doctors.........both eyes literally dripping all the time....have used steroid eye drop helps but can't continue forever use , nervous due to the damage steroids does to body....wash eyes constantly with baby shampoo.....both eyes red dripping somewhat sticky ......help........
Topical steroid drops are less risky than oral corticosteroids, so I suggest you continue using them as directed. Are you washing your eyelids with baby shampoo? You certainly shouldn't be washing your eyes themselves. Are you a contact lens wearer? Do you have an eye infection or just allergies? No matter what the issue is, we can't really help you. You should return to your optometrist/ophthalmologist and explain that your problem hasn't resolved.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:55 AM

200 posts, read 181,639 times
Default thanks

no contacts.......wondering about allergies.....the eye drops work but after I use them a few later the same happens all over again.....having sinus and ear issues currently at this time too....do the baby shampoo thing ...have been for awhile....just frustrated and have been seeing ophthalmologist as opposed to optometrist......even got a second opinion......frustrated....

Old 04-24-2016, 10:03 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,960,771 times
Quote:
have seen several eye doctors.........both eyes literally dripping all the time....have used steroid eye drop helps but can't continue forever use , nervous due to the damage steroids does to body

Quote:
....wash eyes constantly with baby shampoo.....both eyes red dripping somewhat sticky ......help........
Baby shampoo isn't healthy for eyes.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:42 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,011,291 times
Quote:
no contacts.......wondering about allergies.....the eye drops work but after I use them a few later the same happens all over again.....having sinus and ear issues currently at this time too....do the baby shampoo thing ...have been for awhile....just frustrated and have been seeing ophthalmologist as opposed to optometrist......even got a second opinion......frustrated....
Perhaps you need to see an allergist. I feel for you, that has to be very difficult to deal with.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:46 AM

26,648 posts, read 28,516,169 times
How long have you had this? It could be seasonal allergies but it could also be a harder to detect sensitivity to something else. For instance, you could be sensitive to some laundry detergent or perfumed fabric softener. Something else in your home like new furniture that has a slight odor or not but could be irritating your eyes. Try to think if there was anything new or different at the time that this started.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:50 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,623,239 times
My eyes will be 78 yrs old in Aug and still doing good. I wear near and distant lens but overall they are healthy. I would NOT use baby shampoo in the eyes. For daily eye drops I use Similasan homeopathic eye drops http://www.similasanusa.com/ to keep eyes moist. Also take lutein/bilberry for health support.

Is Grape Seed Extract Good for the Eyes? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

Taking grape seed extract since 1995. I have NOT used an allergy/sinus drug in 21 yrs soon.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:21 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,548,641 times
Of course your eyes are dripping. They're suffering from the effects of washing them every day with soap.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:46 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,021,603 times
I have a condition called ectopion.

Drooping Eyelids-Description

Can be caused by aging skin or in my case an eye surgery.

It prevents the eyes from draining correctly and instead all the tears drain down your cheeks. This results in dry irritated eyes as your eyes don't get the benefit of moisture.

Ask your ophthmologist about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness