Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:12 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times

Advertisements

I had terrible pain on the left side of my head for a very long time. Not as bad as a cluster headache, and separate from my hormone-related migraines. But constant all-the-time pain. I underwent many tests, all looking at my head where the pain was. Was it a tumor, a blood clot, etc.? A good friend of mine was talking to a guy she knew who was a hematologist at a teaching hospital and mentioned to him about the tests I was undergoing.

He said, "That friend from your offce? On the phone all day like you are? Has she had her shoulder checked? A lot of people who talk on the phone a lot mess up their shoulders and the pain they experience in their head is referred pain from the shoulder nerve damage."

Turns out he was right. I was diagnosed by a blood doctor who never treated me. Best of luck to you. Headaches are awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 09:48 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Look at this and treatments can include osteopathy, acupuncture etc. My daughter is going to her 5th osteopathic session next week and she's feeling like a new person in many ways.

Cranial Neuralgia Headaches - Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, Treatment

Old 05-02-2016, 08:14 PM

344 posts, read 429,905 times
I just dont understand my headache feels a little better.. its only been the second day of no touching it.. Not even taking a shower (touching and washing my hair because I would be touching my head) for 3 days. I dont understand.. Why would it hurt more when touching, can touching it all the time make it inflamed?

Old 10-08-2016, 09:29 PM

344 posts, read 429,905 times
So i had fialed on my habit and touched my head again and bent in up and down. This caused the pain to return with a vegence. The doctor told its the bad habit i have that is causing me pain in my head. He said i gave myself like a type of neuralgia. And hes right.. its been 7 days now i dont touch my head or bend it like ridiculously. (They gave me a neck brace) stop me from bending my neck habit. They also gave me this little thing to wrap around my finger which reminds me not to do it. However its been 7 days now.. the hot shower on the head helps a lot. I still find i have pain. I feel a little better but nothing trastic. I find one side of my face goes all numb.. and i get constant pain that travels from my temples to my forhead.. to the middle of my eyes and my jaw and under the eyes. And when i used to touch my tennples it would make it 10 times worse! I asked the neurologist why i did not see an improvement and he told me nerves take time to heal.. a week is nothing. He told me just keep my habits off and it will heal. I told him reading makes my head hurt as well. Had my eyes checked and there fine. He told me because the eyes use muscle too.. the nerves that are connected to those muscles are also inflammed.. he said everything needs to heal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness