U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:10 AM

267 posts, read 131,210 times

Advertisements

So I had this headache for a very long time.. I think i stated I had it for like almost 2 years in my last thread. Anyway I went to see my neuro and he came up with an idea which was indeed the problem. He said the nerves in my head were inflamed. The ones on the temples, both sides. The reason how he came to the conclusion is he touched and massaged my temples.. it goes from numb to more pain right after. When I bend my head the temple pain got much worse, we thought it was sinus but I got a scan and showed nothing, I had an MRI done as well and it showed nothing, I got blood test and it showed I was clean. The headache was all day everyday for almost 2 years. So the reason why I have this pain is because I kept on massaging my head (it was a nervous habit of mine) I would always massage my temples and press on it. He claimed by me doing this every time all day I made the nerves irritated. Worse of all when the pain started I would keep pressing and massage to relieve it, when in fact it was just making it more irritated. he told me not to touch my head and not to wear sunglasses even when I take a shower gently put my hands until everything heals. Question here is..

Is he right? How long until the pain goes away ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 AM

2,986 posts, read 1,711,202 times
I don't know the answer to your question, but the first part of your statement led me to believe it did in fact work for you.
I'm glad to hear that. ('it was indeed the problem')

I know my wife wears glasses, and she can get a headache from the temples pushing into her head.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I don't know the answer to your question, but the first part of your statement led me to believe it did in fact work for you.
I'm glad to hear that. ('it was indeed the problem')

I know my wife wears glasses, and she can get a headache from the temples pushing into her head.
How so? If she massages her temples.. or wears something around her temples that push.. it will cause a pain in both her temples?

Old 05-01-2016, 09:55 AM

2,986 posts, read 1,711,202 times
'Temples' is the name of the 'arms' of eyeglasses that wrap around your ears. They push into her head and give her headaches upon ocassion.
LOL, yes, oddly said, it is her temples that the temples push into
https://www.google.com/search?q=eyeg...m7FNgsoidWM%3A

Old 05-01-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
'Temples' is the name of the 'arms' of eyeglasses that wrap around your ears. They push into her head and give her headaches upon ocassion.
LOL, yes, oddly said, it is her temples that the temples push into
https://www.google.com/search?q=eyeg...m7FNgsoidWM%3A
loool!

Would it also cause pain bending over? Because since blood is rushing to the inflammation site?

Old 05-01-2016, 11:12 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
So I had this headache for a very long time.. I think i stated I had it for like almost 2 years in my last thread. Anyway I went to see my neuro and he came up with an idea which was indeed the problem. He said the nerves in my head were inflamed. The ones on the temples, both sides. The reason how he came to the conclusion is he touched and massaged my temples.. it goes from numb to more pain right after. When I bend my head the temple pain got much worse, we thought it was sinus but I got a scan and showed nothing, I had an MRI done as well and it showed nothing, I got blood test and it showed I was clean. The headache was all day everyday for almost 2 years. So the reason why I have this pain is because I kept on massaging my head (it was a nervous habit of mine) I would always massage my temples and press on it. He claimed by me doing this every time all day I made the nerves irritated. Worse of all when the pain started I would keep pressing and massage to relieve it, when in fact it was just making it more irritated. he told me not to touch my head and not to wear sunglasses even when I take a shower gently put my hands until everything heals. Question here is..
Is he right? How long until the pain goes away ?
If you do not believe what the physician told you find a different physician for a second opinion.
There is no way random strangers on a public forum can tell you if your diagnosis is correct, if the physician is right or how long before your pain goes away.
Besides it is against TOS to even hint at an actual medical diagnosis let alone actually giving on.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:34 AM

18,825 posts, read 6,149,026 times
I don't get headaches, can't remember when I had one. I wear reading and distance glasses and can feel an indent on the sides of my head...but no headaches. For me, I KNOW due to grape seed extract, no headaches...it's all about circulation.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:09 PM

4,626 posts, read 10,500,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't get headaches, can't remember when I had one. I wear reading and distance glasses and can feel an indent on the sides of my head...but no headaches. For me, I KNOW due to grape seed extract, no headaches...it's all about circulation.
Not all headaches are about circulation...so no its "not all about circulation" and your grape seed extract likely has NOTHING to do with NOT having headaches...

Many people suffer from headaches all the time....many more "don't"

I never have headaches either, if I rub peanut butter on my head every day can I prove that it is the reason I don't I have headaches??

By your logic apparently so...

Correlation doesn't equal causation....even more so when trying to prove a negative correlation....

Old 05-01-2016, 06:21 PM

14,298 posts, read 20,550,720 times
Why didn't you ask more questions of your physician?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:14 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,146,533 times
ANY constriction on or around my head causes a headache. Even wearing a ball-cap type hat. Wearing sun or driving glasses that put the slightest pressure on my head, ect. Even going outside on a bright sun-shiny day can case it. It's due to "Vasoconstriction" in my case. Apparently, I am VERY sensitive to it.

I'm male and 57, and I've had this issue since getting a concussion back in the middle 1980's. I actually have a slight indentation in my middle forehead, due to the issue that caused the concussion. I prefer not to go into how this happened, except to say nobody else was involved, and was purely caused by my not paying good enough attention on the job.

I have never found a cure (as of yet), except not to wear hats and such more than I absolutely MUST. Various headache pills, etc, don't always help.

You learn to live with it after a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or