U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2016, 06:37 AM

33,148 posts, read 39,115,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
. I think it has really hurt my self esteem as I think no woman will ever accept me the way I am.
I've been with many women over my lifetime and the fact that i was uncut never was mentioned,i believe if women are rejecting you its not for your being uncircumcised which i think you are using as an excuse for lack of partners in the dating world.
Later in life due to medical reasons i got cut,i dont feel any different after having the procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 09:12 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,553,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If that's what god intended why did he tell his chosen people to cut it off?
Is the OP Jewish? If not I don't see that religious rule applying to him.

On the east and west coasts you'll find only a minority of men have been circumcised. Most are not.

In Europe men are not cut unless they are Jewish. It's akin to FGM for women based on religiously held tradition. I'm not sure why America adopted it historically but most have let it fall off their tradition wagon.

It's a little bit of a fading American trend, and I think you'd regret it. Like women who want big boobs or the like, seek counseling first to see if your plastic surgery will help or hurt you.

I think you're placing your social anxiety upon your circumcision decision. I doubt it has anything to do with it. Try to get discount counseling for your issues. I think in the end that will be more productive. You just need confidence, so that you love your body and mind.

Women like confidence, they could care less about your penis. Other men might harass you as a joke, but that usually is just banter and not to be taken seriously. You need to learn to lighten up and prioritize what's really important. There are much more important things you should concern yourself with like your career, and your attitude toward obstacles in your life and handling them. Those will impress people more but most importantly, they will give you the confidence and appreciation for yourself that you seem to lack. Good luck!

Your penis is not your problem.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Balony! If they are going to reject you for it, they would have rejected you for some other reason had you been cut.

You ARE WAY over reacting! YOU are paranoid over something that hasn't even happened yet!!!

TRUE< SOME woman will reject you, but then SHE isn't "right for you", IS SHE??? HSe might also reject you for having a mole on your face!

I was born "natural", still am [still have my foreskin}, and a citizen of the USA.

Talk about trauma over it? From 4th grade all through 12th grade, we had to take public showers in gym class! during those entire 9 years, having taken showers with many many many boys {50 to a class, rotating groups two to three times a week on a "6 day" rotational schedule, and change in student composition each year}, I only ever saw ONLY ONE other boy who had a foreskin!!!!

Most of all, I was most often pointed at, ridiculed, and tormented over my foreskin and was asked STUPID questions like: "what's wrong with it?", "WHy is it NOT "normal"? {GUESS WHO is NOT NORMAL? THose with cut ones!!!!}!!! I was joked about, laughed at and was so embarrasing!!!

But I survived!, Oh, and YES, I HAVE been rejected due to it, but moved on, and now have a wonderful spouse who never batted an eye,never questioned it, and and NEVER had a problem with it. {REMEMBER: I was 'rejected' by the boys in gym class and SEX had NOTHING to Do with it!!!!}

Now, as a sexually active adult I am VERY GLAD IT IS IN PLACE...I have a heightened sense of pleasure under there....and thoroughly enjoy having one!!! Many of the nerves of the penis are under there, and many have them cut off? I am surprised they can even achieve orgasm!

Nature put it there, WHO ARE WE TO TAMPER WITH IT?

Those who say it is harder to clean are IDIOTS, oh, they MAY have some issues when he is a newborn as it is more firmly attached {but like the dropping of testicles it loosens and changes as he ages}, but as he ages, it is no harder to clean than your thumb, and many who claim that are women or cut men...who HAVE NO IDEA what it is or isn't like to clean one!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT totally mystifies me! it washes REAL WELL with SOAP AND WATER! No mystery there!

Best of luck to you mimoso, BUT DON'T MAKE A DRASTIC MISTAKE BASED ON HERESAY OR A FEW IDIOTS who may have rejected you over it! you CANNOT "put it back on" once it is cut off!

{oh the pain of it all}
Great post!! I'm glad to see this tradition of chopping parts off coming to an end in America. We can now move on with our intact boys like the rest of the world. Glad a few of you braved it up and paved the way to a healthier male population.

My husband was cut, just to fit in. My son is not, so he's healthy. Now that I've seen both versions I'm not sure how we can think cut is more attractive. They look much better with their intended cover than without. It's amazing what you get use to. The more and more we go the natural route, the less use to cut we'll be and the more it will look like the injury it is. Circumcision is a dying tradition.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:47 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,953,736 times
Lol it's almost like we should start a movement....

Save the penises!
Or foreskin matters

Old 05-08-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol it's almost like we should start a movement....

Save the penises!
Or foreskin matters
Sad but probably true. This prejudice against intact men has got to end sometime. lol

SAVE THE PENIS!

Old 05-08-2016, 12:05 PM

8,842 posts, read 8,178,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
On the east and west coasts you'll find only a minority of men have been circumcised. Most are not.
Which you know how?

I thought it was 50-50 in the US.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Which you know how?

Racial and ethnic minorities now surpass non-Hispanic whites as the largest group of American children under 5 years old, the Census Bureau said Thursday.
The reversal in 2014 marked a milestone in a trend toward a more diverse U.S. that's projected to continue. Births outnumbered deaths for all ethnic and racial groups last year except for non-Hispanic whites, the new Census data show. A report earlier this year projected that by 2044, today's majority white population will be the minority.
The Majority of American Babies Are Now Minorities - Bloomberg

In the west it's only about 25%, east about 60%, midwest around 77% give or take a few % point. Minorities tend to cut more, and also we have to remember it's not covered by a lot of insurance companies out west which has led to a decline.

The 50-50 you hear is a combined median. States vary and areas of the country trend differently. Religion, and coverage. Along the coastal big cities like NY, Seattle, San Fran, L.A, it tends to be less accepted. The upper mid west seems to do it the most. Lots of variables but those are a few I have seen. Google is full of actual studies on the matter if you have the time.

Where I live my son is not cut and in the majority. He would be in the minority if I had him cut.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:21 PM

5,818 posts, read 3,097,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Which you know how?

As you move past the American baby boomers, almost all of whom were circumcised as infants it has been dropping steadily.
Funny thing this question just showed up as a minor subplot on a Filipino police telenovela Ang Probinsyano where the grandmother and Barangay Captain, sort of like a council district mayor, sets up a medical mission in her community for circumcisions and proceeds to tell the young boy, who, many if not most boys normally are clamoring to get it done as a manhood ritual is afraid. That he is portrayed as gay may or may not have something to do with his reluctance. Meanwhile a younger boy might be tempted into cutting himself because the family won't allow him to be circumsized yet to prove he is a man

Old 05-08-2016, 11:57 PM

Within the US, circumcision rates differ (Fig. 6). West coast has the least amount of circumcision, most commonly believed so because San Francisco is the heart of the anti-circumcision movement and because of the growing Latino population (Rabin). The east coast has the highest circumcision rate in the country, and the Midwest tends to fall in between. An example would be California versus Rhode Island. In 2004, the average circumcision rate was only 21% in California, but in Rhode Island, it was at a 74% rate (cirp.org) In the statistics, it is stated that majority of the time, the most educated and wealthiest circumcise the most, while the under–privileged and those at the lower end of the income spectrum have a lower circumcision rate (circinfo.net). Not only are the circumcision rates a common finding in US–based studies, but the reasoning behind circumcision is most appalling, and in a sense, a bit non–practical.

https://ospace.otis.edu/jessica3/Final_Paper1

In this paper the author posted a map and stats saying that eastern Americans circumcise most, midwest second, and the west last. There are a few south eastern exceptions.
I was using this map. > Health groups reconsider circumcision stance | Pittsburgh Post-GazetteWhich puts the midwest at the front, east second, west last.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:06 AM

13,819 posts, read 24,561,370 times
I wear my German helmet proudly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness