U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 04:10 AM

102 posts, read 82,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Within the US, circumcision rates differ (Fig. 6). West coast has the least amount of circumcision, most commonly believed so because San Francisco is the heart of the anti-circumcision movement and because of the growing Latino population (Rabin). The east coast has the highest circumcision rate in the country, and the Midwest tends to fall in between. An example would be California versus Rhode Island. In 2004, the average circumcision rate was only 21% in California, but in Rhode Island, it was at a 74% rate (cirp.org) In the statistics, it is stated that majority of the time, the most educated and wealthiest circumcise the most, while the under–privileged and those at the lower end of the income spectrum have a lower circumcision rate (circinfo.net). Not only are the circumcision rates a common finding in US–based studies, but the reasoning behind circumcision is most appalling, and in a sense, a bit non–practical.

https://ospace.otis.edu/jessica3/Final_Paper1

In this paper the author posted a map and stats saying that eastern Americans circumcise most, midwest second, and the west last. There are a few south eastern exceptions.
I was using this map. > Health groups reconsider circumcision stance | Pittsburgh Post-GazetteWhich puts the midwest at the front, east second, west last.
Did you read the part where only five women out of 30 say they would be with an uncirmcised man?, That is what I am referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 AM

18,828 posts, read 6,160,004 times
OP, so many offered good sound advice...everyone has stats, and who cares, Do what you will do with your body.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:26 AM

3,471 posts, read 1,986,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
Did you read the part where only five women out of 30 say they would be with an uncirmcised man?, That is what I am referring to.
You are OVERREACTING!
WHO cares what statistics SAY! They can be warped to say anything one wants to emphasize.

HAVE you TRIED dating? HAVE you been REJECTED when you 'whip it out'? Do the women recoil in terror?
Apparently NOT, as you are going by arbitrary statistics!
Get a life, get out in the dating world, DON'T mention it, EVEN if you intend to sleep with her, until the moment is at hand and SEE if she EVEN NOTICES!

Keep it CLEAN under there, and you will have few problems, i bet.

Here is a another look at statistics:

By the way, do you know what the statistics say about the percentage of women who will/won't perform oral sex on a guy? I bet they will say many women will IF a guy authors the statistics and wants it, and it will say they WON'T if authored by a woman who REFUSES to do that to a guy...SEE how I can twist the statistics already, WITHOUT ANY HARD evidence {no pun intended}.
The guy who wants it can point to statistics saying they DO and try to get his woman to do it to him; conversely a woman can cite the statistics that say NO, and claim she won't do it to him!

Statistics are NOt real life!
Now, go OUT and date and DON'T bring it UP AT ALL {no pun intended again, boy I could get myself into hot water here}. Develop YOUR OWN statistics based ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, not a VERY SMALL TINY portion of the populous!!

Best of luck to you

Old 05-13-2016, 11:15 AM

11,397 posts, read 16,003,306 times
The only reason a man should be circumcised is if he's Jewish. That's it. As a Jewish woman, it's a bit of a turn off when a man is circumcised but does not share my faith/background. It seems like serious false advertising. :P My boyfriend is not Jewish and is not circumcised and it's certainly not been hinderance for either of us.

Your issue is more your confidence level than your body.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:55 PM

5,817 posts, read 3,095,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The only reason a man should be circumcised is if he's Jewish. That's it. As a Jewish woman, it's a bit of a turn off when a man is circumcised but does not share my faith/background. It seems like serious false advertising. :P My boyfriend is not Jewish and is not circumcised and it's certainly not been hinderance for either of us.

Your issue is more your confidence level than your body.
That is not the only culture in the world that circumcises. By far Islam passes Judism because of their greater numbers follow the example of their prophet.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 AM

2,429 posts, read 786,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
That is not the only culture in the world that circumcises. By far Islam passes Judism because of their greater numbers follow the example of their prophet.
Circumcision is also becoming popular in Africa. Govts are encouraging circumcision as a means of reducing HIV transmission.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:57 PM

9 posts, read 4,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its a painless 35 minute procedure which entails about 20 snip/cauterize/stitch procedures.the only discomfort comes with sensitivity issues for the next 2 weeks.

Whatever it is, it is not painless! My friend had a medical requirement to get it done as an adult and he tells me it is the most painful thing ever and it didn't last for just two weeks either!! Oh, and they don't spend any 35 minutes on it either. I would just ask anyone who wants to defend this barbarism to go look at the youtube video on how they actually do it to a baby. No anesthetic, either. It should be outlawed.

Last edited by AbsoluteBeginner; 05-16-2016 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: added a comments

Old 05-16-2016, 07:49 PM

4,342 posts, read 2,612,590 times
If there's a medical reason for circumcision, then definitely weigh your options there. Otherwise, saying stuff like women will only go after circumcised men is about as ridiculous as saying men will only go after women with breast implants.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:54 PM

1,677 posts, read 3,612,543 times
As an RN I had to witness two procedures (there's two ways to do it). After that I had another son, and let me tell you I'm so sorry I had my first one done. "Oh; they don't feel a thing" ... ah ha, tell that to the poor kid screaming his ever loving lungs out! I heard the screams, and they were screams of pain! I would never recommend the procedure to anyone!

Old 05-17-2016, 02:50 AM

33,143 posts, read 39,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteBeginner View Post
Whatever it is, it is not painless! My friend had a medical requirement to get it done as an adult and he tells me it is the most painful thing ever and it didn't last for just two weeks either!! Oh, and they don't spend any 35 minutes on it either. I would just ask anyone who wants to defend this barbarism to go look at the youtube video on how they actually do it to a baby. No anesthetic, either. It should be outlawed.
Its a different operation for adults and i can assure you its 35 minutes and its painless for an adult assuming you are dealing with a competent doctor who is very familiar doing the procedure.
My personal take on the issue is leave your kids uncut and if later in life they want to change then it would be their adult decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness