U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 01:03 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,684,911 times

Advertisements

why do you advocate it for babies and then say it (being uncircumcised) was never a problem for you? Very contradictory statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:34 AM

36,437 posts, read 41,684,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico muerte View Post
Sucks for a man that wants to be an average American. For all immigrants coming to the U.S, please circumcise your children it will save them a lot of trouble.
Bovine Droppings!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 PM

5,821 posts, read 3,103,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico muerte View Post
Sucks for a man that wants to be an average American. For all immigrants coming to the U.S, please circumcise your children it will save them a lot of trouble.
The average American is circumcised because most middle-aged and seniors are. Most children are no longer circumcised

Old 07-28-2016, 03:06 AM

14,530 posts, read 11,516,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
I am 82, US born, never been circumcised. I advocate it for babies, but would not have it done as an adult. I have been married for 57 years and it has never been a problem.
why would you want to do that to a baby for gods sake... reasons for this being done apart from religion, just crazy and not all that long ago...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...e_circumcision

Old 07-29-2016, 10:39 AM

82 posts, read 247,838 times
I never understood why american women find foreskin ugly and gross, but at the same time they fancy european and latin guys like nothing else. Its such a contradiction.

One question for american women. Do you feel kind of mad or sad your arent into uncircumcised? It limits your dating pool, you always have to worry if men is circumcised or not. If you love the swarthy type like italians it must be even more dissapointing, because over 90% of those are uncircumcised If they arent muslims. I would go mad If blonde women have something in their pants I find gross. Thank god im born as a man.

In my opinion thats the biggest reason to ban circumcision. You make the dating life easier for your daughters. Image you see Henry Cavill or Hugh Jackman but they are uncircumcised. Isnt this horrible to prefer circumcised men? You have to be jealous of women who doesnt care.

If you arent into muslims you are limited to mostly american white or black men.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:42 AM

11,392 posts, read 6,806,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaD_Rock View Post
In my opinion thats the biggest reason to ban circumcision. You make the dating life easier for your daughters. Image you see Henry Cavill or Hugh Jackman but they are uncircumcised. Isnt this horrible to prefer circumcised men? You have to be jealous of women who doesnt care.
Outside interference in this issue is the last thing we need.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:54 AM

2,429 posts, read 788,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The average American is circumcised because most middle-aged and seniors are. Most children are no longer circumcised
I doubt that. Perhaps immigrant Hispanic populations given the cultural traditions of where they come from but non mainstream white America.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:01 AM

82 posts, read 247,838 times
Biker are you afraid. Only around 32% of newborns are circumcised today. Internet the greatest invention ever, were people today can educate themselves and choose not to circumcise. More and more jewish choose not to. In the future it will be banned for sure.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:43 AM

2,429 posts, read 788,461 times
Quote:
Biker are you afraid. Only around 32% of newborns are circumcised today. Internet the greatest invention ever, were people today can educate themselves and choose not to circumcise. More and more jewish choose not to. In the future it will be banned for sure.
Given the sheer volume of immigration into the US and the high birth rates of some of those groups maybe it is only 32% now, but I would venture a guess that for non-immigrant household newborn white males that a high majority are still being circumcised. In some regards it is perhaps a clash of cultures. I for one hope that any grandsons I have do get circumcised. Others are free to do it their way.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:06 PM

11,392 posts, read 6,806,747 times
Quote:
Again, why sre you so offended by a practice so often linked to religion and cultural preference that you seek to use the power of an already-too-powerful government to ban it outright??

I was born in 1949, by which time newborn circumcision in ubanized society was just about universal, yet I "missed the cut"; I endured some locker-room bullying, investigated having the procedure as a teenager, (declined because of the hospitalization, general anaesthesis, and sutures) but, thankfully,
decided against it when I entered college and learned I wasn't so unusual. I view it today as a subtle shaping force fr the individualism and love of autonomy that is centrsl to my personality -- one of the wisest decisions I ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness