Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 12:56 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
Yes, this is a good idea maybe I can get a payment plan or something.

Thank you for all the responses, I know it is technically normal, but from a young age I interalized alot of negative comments and stigma about it from Tv, movies, internet, people's comments,etc. I already felt strange coming from another country and this made me feel more alienated.

Has anyone dealt with something like this, how can I change my mindset to better accept my body?

Thank you again for any advice I already feel somewhat better as this is the first time I ever speak on this.

What you saw in the media with regards to it is a lot of ignorance! You should ignore what you have seen/heard. There isn't much benefit to getting circumcised.

How can you change your mindset? Try appreciating what you have. Men with their skin generally don't have to use lotion but I can't say the same for men without skin. I haven't exactly done a study on it but just think, if you have much less skin, think about the friction. Anyway, I don't want to get too much into detail but that's one thing I always hear about when the topic is being discussed. Like I said before, there is nothing wrong with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 01:05 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So you chose to mutilate your son for a cultural norm?

Nice.

To each his own but I also consider circumcision a mutilation(amputation). There is also decreased sensitivity with amputation.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It was logical back then to be circumcised as there wasn't always running water or a way to keep clean.
I heard somewhere that it had to do with WWI and disease, the current custom of doing it in the US.

My mother, a nurse, saw male patients that had to have it done as adults and said she wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:52 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
I need help please, I was born in a country where unfortunetley circumcision is not the norm and came into the U.S at a young age.

Ever since I was 10 and found out people thought uncirmcised was disgusting I have always been disgusted by that part of my body. I think it has really hurt my self esteem as I think no woman will ever accept me the way I am.

I have looked into getting circumcised but the prices are very high most places I have looked and I don't have insurance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a circumcision at a reasonable price, or any advice on If its possible to overcome this insecurity? It really has bothered me and made me feel inferior for many years.

Sorry If this is uncomfortable to read for some people on here, it has just bothered me for a long time, I don't have anyone I trust to talk to about this and thought maybe I could get some input here. Thanks

An uncircumcised penis is more difficult to clean beneath the foreskin.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:56 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Oh, for Pete's sake! Pull it back and wash it! How hard is that? (pun intended!)

Old 05-05-2016, 03:17 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
Quote:
Wiping is even harder, but I manage.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:00 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
An armpit is impossible to clean unless you raise your arm (at least partially), and yet we all do that, and it takes a lot more effort to raise an arm than to simply retract a foreskin.

Arguments regarding cleanliness are ridiculous in the modern world.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:16 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
I seriously get p*ssed reading stupid
comments that are wrong....
Cleaning it is not hard-
It's essential to wash it thoroughly but it's
no harder than an uncircumcised one

Take my word on this-
Uncut is better

Old 05-05-2016, 05:18 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I heard somewhere that it had to do with WWI and disease, the current custom of doing it in the US.

My mother, a nurse, saw male patients that had to have it done as adults and said she wouldn't wish that on anyone.
No, it was early ladt century, but the motive was to make masturbation more difficult.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:35 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Convert to Islam. Any mosque will do it for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness