U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 02:31 PM

11,357 posts, read 6,783,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
I need help please, I was born in a country where unfortunetley circumcision is not the norm and came into the U.S at a young age.

Ever since I was 10 and found out people thought uncircumcised was disgusting I have always been disgusted by that part of my body. I think it has really hurt my self esteem as I think no woman will ever accept me the way I am.

I have looked into getting circumcised but the prices are very high most places I have looked and I don't have insurance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a circumcision at a reasonable price, or any advice on If its possible to overcome this insecurity? It really has bothered me and made me feel inferior for many years.

Sorry If this is uncomfortable to read for some people on here, it has just bothered me for a long time, I don't have anyone I trust to talk to about this and thought maybe I could get some input here. Thanks
You sound a lot like I did --- when I was in my early teens, that is.

I grew up in a community where 98+ percent of teenage boys were circumcised (the few who weren't were either foreign born or had religious reasons). Between that and being a physical "late bloomer". I endured a lot of locker-room humiliation. And at that time, exposure in gym-class showers and the like were a lot more common.

But once I went away for college and the frequent moving that usually accompanies one's early twenties, I learned that I wasn't alone. And by that time, a couple of fraternity brothers and other people with whom I shared living space actually began to wonder if my status might actually be an advantage (The other man's lawn is always greener, etc).

You also come across as a person who's allowing a poor self-image to affect your sexual life; can't say too much here as I had a similar problem for a while, and I've never felt comfortable with "casual" sexuality. But remember -- there are a lot of women out there who have never seen what you've got, and while I'd always own up to it beforehand if a bond were growing, there are just about as many women who are turned on by an intact man as are turned off by one.

So the only real advice I can give is to get comfortable with yourself. You might be able to get coverage from a good health plan if a urologist recommends it, but as an adult, the procedure might require general anesthesia, sutures, a hospital stay, and a lot of discomfort. It isn't worth it, and I'm glad now that I didn't "make the cut".

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-06-2016 at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 03:18 PM

11,482 posts, read 5,902,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its a painless 35 minute procedure which entails about 20 snip/cauterize/stitch procedures.the only discomfort comes with sensitivity issues for the next 2 weeks.
And the de-sensitivity issues you will have for the rest of your life...

Old 05-06-2016, 04:22 PM
AFP

6,060 posts, read 3,622,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
And the de-sensitivity issues you will have for the rest of your life...
They don't understand that what is removed during the procedure has the greatest concentration of nerve endings(the most sensitive part of the penis is removed(amputated)). There was a thread in which this topic was discussed at length on the current events forum more than a year ago it even had a poll, I'm unable to track it down.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:24 PM

8,833 posts, read 8,167,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Mutilating
I see "mutilating" and I stop reading. Nothing else you have to say will convince me of anything.

Last edited by jay5835; 05-06-2016 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-06-2016, 04:33 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I see "mutilating" and I stop reading. Nothing you have to say will convince me of anything.
Well, that's how I view circumcision I'm not trying to convince you of anything, however it's an unecessary procedure for the most part done for cultural reasons in particalar in the US because many people in the US where I live believe that a "normal" penis is circumcized. However in most western countries a circumcized penis is an oddity.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:45 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,545,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
They don't understand that what is removed during the procedure has the greatest concentration of nerve endings(the most sensitive part of the penis is removed(amputated)). There was a thread in which this topic was discussed at length on the current events forum more than a year ago it even had a poll, I'm unable to track it down.
Not sure about this...the tip of my circumcised penis is pretty damn sensitive.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:14 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Not sure about this...the tip of my circumcised penis is pretty damn sensitive.
The foreskin is more sensitive as an intact male I can tell you with certainty there is no comparison, particularly the frenulum and frenar band. The gliding action that occurs during intercourse between the frenulum and frenar band is much more erogenous than any part of the *****. It also makes masturbation much more pleasurable.

Foreskin Sexual Function/Circumcision Sexual Dysfunction

Anatomy of the Penis and Mechanics of Intercourse

Old 05-06-2016, 09:08 PM

9 posts, read 4,768 times
Default You don't need it...

This is just one of those unfortunate barbaric rituals that we put our children through for no good reason whatsoever. I also come from a country where it is not common. My friend had to get it done as an adult for medical reasons and he told me he couldn't believe how much pain it caused. No wonder we bully babies into it who can't fight back. It was first done in the US to cure a child's paralysis in the legs. Can you believe that???? Then they did it to stop boys masturbating, in case it caused them mental illness! But the real deal came when money got involved. By perpetrating the myth that it was unhealthy and unsanitary, hospitals were able to persuade new parents, whose concern is always for any sort of germs, that they gotta whack bits off....for a fee, of course!! Drs like the extra fees, and used to do it without even telling the parents!

So, why should you not do it? Well, circumcision removes more than 50 percent of the skin and specialized mucosa from the penis. The specialized mucosa contains most of the nerve endings in the penis. Later disadvantages include painful erections due to loss of the skin necessary to accommodate penile expansion. The loss of nerves interferes with the normal operation of the autonomic nervous system resulting in premature ejaculation, inability to orgasm, and changes in sexual behavior. A survey of women found that women are four times more likely to orgasm if their male partner has an intact foreskin.

The foreskin is part of nature’s defenses against infection and disease. The moisture in the preputial sack contains lysozyme that destroys pathogens including the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). In the infant male, the long narrow foreskin has muscle fibers arranged in a whorl at the tip to form a sphincter to keep the tip closed and fecal matter out and away from the urethra, helping to prevent urinary tract infection in infants. Circumcision destroys these natural defenses. Circumcised men have more of certain types of STD. Other complications include include bleeding, infection, surgical mishaps, including urethral fistula, amputation of the head, removal of excess skin, and total loss of the penis. Death may occur from the complications of bleeding or infection.

The next time you worry what another girl thinks of it, she aint the girl for you. Find someone who know that natural is best, cos I am pretty sure the big man upstairs knew what he was doing.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:50 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,388,601 times
Came in her for the entertainment of the uncirc crowd and the defensive nature they have around this subject. Been on several websites where this topic comes up. Its like the same posters! Why the anger and rage that is vented if its so great having a foreskin?

Women who marry uncirc are the worst trying to prove how right they are. OK honey, you got an extra piece of loose skin with your man. Bravo for you!

Never mind the lies. Men say sex is better with a foreskin. How would they know what its like without? DOH!

Grow up! No one believes what you say when you are so dang defensive. Shows that YOU have lots of issues being attached. Not us.

I'm married for many years and THRILLED hubs is circ. There are so many advantages. yada yada yada. See how silly this is.

OP - Do what YOU want. WE all like different things. A woman who loves you won't care.

Last edited by foundapeanut; 05-06-2016 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-06-2016, 11:14 PM

4,903 posts, read 2,767,024 times
OP So what?? It is really not a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness