Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 AM

13,483 posts, read 9,024,194 times

Advertisements

Coming from a country where circumcision is rare, I personally find cut ones look odd & some downright ugly... The foreskin is there for a reason, you wouldn't be born with it otherwise, besides when erect they all look pretty much the same anyway. You will also lose a great deal of sensitivity in the head of your penis...

Do not get it cut! You need to see a counsellor not a surgeon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If that's what god intended why did he tell his chosen people to cut it off?
God?? He doesn't exist & if you are going to do everything a book written & re-written countless times over thousands of years tells you to do, then I fear for humanity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
An uncircumcised penis is more difficult to clean beneath the foreskin.
Err no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Cut ones look like something's missing....
I love the look the feel & the size of an uncut one

Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So you chose to mutilate your son for a cultural norm?

Nice.
Oh brother.....

Old 05-06-2016, 10:10 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Oh brother.....
I mean, that's not wrong. We flip out when it's done to females, but just kinda shrug when it's males.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:46 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Though I'm glad I'm circumcised, there's no way I would have had it done as an adult (thank you, Mom and Dad).

OP, I hope you will love it enough to leave it alone.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:47 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I mean, that's not wrong. We flip out when it's done to females, but just kinda shrug when it's males.
That's really true.

The cleanliness argument falls flat here too because an uncircumcised penis is easier to clean than the labia, but we would never suggest female circumcision for our daughters because it's barbaric. A double standard for sure.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:28 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
there's no way I would have had it done as an adult
Its a painless 35 minute procedure which entails about 20 snip/cauterize/stitch procedures.the only discomfort comes with sensitivity issues for the next 2 weeks.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:51 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If that's what god intended why did he tell his chosen people to cut it off?
Circumcision was invented by the ancient Egyptians. It is still compulsory for Eastern religions like Judaism and Islam, but the rest of the world is free to ignore the custom.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Maybe it continues as it does in the U.S. due to more money for medical industry. My mind seems to go to this direction so often, too often unfortunately.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:30 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Mutilating little boys in the USA became common practice because masturbation was believed to be evil circumcision was promoted heavily as a masturbation deterrent, you all might be interested in knowing that John Harvey Kellogg(as in the Kellogg's cornflakes family) was the leader of the anti-masturbation movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

A Short History of Circumcision in the U.S.
Masturbation prevention[edit]

Kellogg worked on the rehabilitation of masturbators, often employing extreme measures, even mutilation, on both sexes. He was an advocate of circumcising young boys to curb masturbation and applying phenol to a young woman's clitoris. In his Plain Facts for Old and Young,[8] he wrote:
“A remedy which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment, as it may well be in some cases. The soreness which continues for several weeks interrupts the practice, and if it had not previously become too firmly fixed, it may be forgotten and not resumed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness