Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 06:45 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,693 times

Advertisements

All the hoopla over circumcision is OVERBLOWN when its seen a MUTILATION..... it is merely extra skin that has no body beauty to have it yet vs. not..... I have no idea why a foreskin is somehow by some?

Seen as;
  1. SPECIAL
  2. MORE NORMAL
  3. SERVES A PURPOSE WE NEED TODAY
  4. TRUELY INTENSIFIES SEXUAL STIMULAS
  5. TO CONCEAL THE END OF THE MALE ORGAN TRUELY PROTECTS
  6. HARMS A MALE CHILDS DEVELOPMENT THROUGH PUBERTY AND BEYOND......
Does not change these aspects to be of any importance.... IT IS NO MORE BARBARIC THEN TO CUT YOUR NAILS...... MAYBE TO SOME? MEN TOTALLY SHAVING THEIR FACE AND ESPECIALLY BODY?? IS MAKING IT INTO A UNATURAL STATE THAT WE SHOULD ALSO NOT DO?

Leaving it a CHOICE is just fine. From pictures as I never saw a uncircumcised male. I see no value to the look of a flaccid state uncut Phallus ENHANCES OR WE NEED ITS PROTECTION.... BESIDES..... ERECT THE DIFFERENCE IS FAR LESS DIFFERENT IN APPEARENCES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 07:08 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,659 times
Because since Kellog's anti-masturbation campaign most American men have been circumcised. Men are super defensive about their penises, so when the woman gets pregnant with a boy and starts considering circumcision, when she tells her partner she doesn't want to do to their child what was done to him, that is a hugely confrontational moment. Imagine admitting that your parents tortured yo as a newborn and permanently affected your ability to feel sex. So the women are cautious, the men are defensive, and another baby ends up cut.

As you can see below, they are super defensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
All the hoopla over circumcision is OVERBLOWN when its seen a MUTILATION..... it is merely extra skin that has no body beauty to have it yet vs. not..... I have no idea why a foreskin is somehow by some?

Seen as;
  1. SPECIAL
  2. MORE NORMAL
Does not change these aspects to be of any importance.... IT IS NO MORE BARBARIC THEN TO CUT YOUR NAILS...... MAYBE TO SOME? MEN TOTALLY SHAVING THEIR FACE AND ESPECIALLY BODY?? IS MAKING IT INTO A UNATURAL STATE THAT WE SHOULD ALSO NOT DO?

Leaving it a CHOICE is just fine. From pictures as I never saw a uncircumcised male. I see no value to the look of a flaccid state uncut Phallus ENHANCES OR WE NEED ITS PROTECTION.... BESIDES..... ERECT THE DIFFERENCE IS FAR LESS DIFFERENT IN APPEARENCES.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:43 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I certainly disagree that American mothers have less empathy than European mothers. That's BS. I think it is because too many young mothers simply are not aware they even have a choice and they are afraid their sons will be perceived as too "different" if they aren't circumcised.

It has a lot to do with culture.

My son has a child with a Filipino woman and it is their custom to wait till the kid is 10 years old to have it done. I was aghast when I heard that! I asked about this in the Philippines Forum and was told by several people, most of them men, that any Filipino boy who is not circumcised at 10 will be ostracised and mercilessly teased his entire life. Again culture at work.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
American mother with circumcised husband and two teenage sons who were not circumcised, and it was not a huge confrontational moment between my husband and me. We lived in northern California and had, believe it or not, a Filipino-American pediatrician. When we asked him about the procedure during our interview appointment, he told us that he did not support routine circumcision for healthy newborn boys. My husband and I briefly discussed it, decided that he had a good point, and the decision was made. That was that. No drama.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Well how much PROTECTION does leaving the foreskin give anyway??

I mean usually its covered down there and nothing can get @ it......

Old 07-18-2016, 09:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
I fail to understand the seeming hysteria over baby boys being circumcized. It is not even remotely mutilation. As has been said, if "natural" is somehow better, why do most women shave their legs and armpits? Why do most men shave their beards? Being hairy is natural. Why do people get tattoos and piercings? To me that is far more in the realm of mutilation than is circumcision. Uncircumcized is less sanitary and the anteater look is downright strange. It may be natural but so aren't a lot of things we don't do anymore.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:46 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
There is nothing strange about the appearance of an uncircumcised penis, any more than the look of an unpierced ear, and neither is it unsanitary. You've just been socialized to prefer one over the other. I do not consider circumcision mutilation; I just did not feel comfortable agreeing to unnecessary cosmetic surgery on children who had no say in the matter and my husband agreed, thus our sons were not circumcised. There was no hysteria involved in the decision whatsoever.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-18-2016 at 10:26 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 10:52 AM

81 posts, read 351,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post

Seen as;
  1. SPECIAL
  2. MORE NORMAL

Read this.

The Touch Test: Can You Feel the Difference? - The WHOLE Network: Accurate Circumcision & Foreskin Information

The foreskin has more nerve endings than the head of the penis , 20000 compared to 4000. As a male I can say I would rather lose the nerves in my g-lans (why does this word get censored lol) than in my foreskin. Would you cut off the g-lans of a baby.

Gently run your fingers over the back of your hand. Now, turn your hand over and gently run your fingers over the palm of your hand. Feel the difference?

This is because the palm of your hand has Meissner's corpuscles, just like the foreskin and frenulum. They are what make our fingers and palms so sensitive, as well as our lips, anus, and other opening of the body.

The foreskin has 4 times of those nerves than the palm. Now you can imagine what amazing pleasure the foreskin gives the man. Its mutilation.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I fail to understand the seeming hysteria over baby boys being circumcized. It is not even remotely mutilation. As has been said, if "natural" is somehow better, why do most women shave their legs and armpits? Why do most men shave their beards? Being hairy is natural. Why do people get tattoos and piercings? To me that is far more in the realm of mutilation than is circumcision. Uncircumcized is less sanitary and the anteater look is downright strange. It may be natural but so aren't a lot of things we don't do anymore.

You can click on the link of my last answer. So you think its not mutilation if you cut off highly sensitive skin which even gives more pleasure to many men than the g-lans. I think either most of you dont know this fact or you dont want to believe it. Men have an ego and dont want to accept that they have been victimized, huminilated and mutilated. Do you know that only the removal of the clitoris hood which is anatomically the same as the male skin is considered mutilation by the UNO. In many countries ear cropping of dogs are considered animal cruelty and are banned.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:14 AM

Religious circumcision is also not acceptable or religious freedom. Not only would anybody accept FGM if it would be a religious tradition, circumcision is only the practice of religious freedom of the parents at the expense of the child. What if the child when hes old enough doesnt want to be a jew or muslim. There are jewish men who became atheists and didnt like the fact they got circumcised without their consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness