U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:45 PM

44 posts, read 96,156 times

Advertisements

Gall bladder attack and gout. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 03:29 AM

877 posts, read 523,369 times
Endometrial Cancer - 13 year survivor

Old 06-28-2016, 09:53 PM

18,718 posts, read 4,706,572 times
Gallbladder surgery while pregnant with 3rd child....then I got the flu and
was hospitalized when I went into labor...fortunately he was born okay.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:02 PM

6,119 posts, read 3,061,620 times
A couple of years ago I completely ruptured my Achilles while jumping rope. Of course needed surgery. Long recovery. Had a pet worm for a little while:

A couple of years before the Achilles, on the same leg I tore my calf muscles and lost the plantaris tendon, all from stepping off a 2' bench (pop).

Had a bad case of pneumonia in high school. Lost 20+ pounds and was out of school for over 5 weeks.

Had scarlet fever...just cool because not too many people I know have ever had it.

The abscess tooth was probably the most painful thing I've experienced, more so than the Achilles.

Then we get to the "normal" stuff, like chicken pox and tonsillitis and a double hernia. Also live with asthma and gout. Life just continues to pile on. Based on what most people tell me, they think the Achilles was my worst injury. But the pneumonia brought on asthma, so that's bad too.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:18 PM

9,286 posts, read 16,132,688 times
I have congenital hip dysplasia and was born with both hips dislocated..... as an infant, spent 10 days in traction to reposition my hips into the too-shallow sockets..... Learned to crawl in cast that covered me from about mid-waist down to my ankles and learned to walk in a brace that held my legs apart like a frog's.

Had corrective surgery on the right hip in 2004, basically, to reposition the socket so the ball would sit better.... and then developed a terrible MRSA infection in that hip that required 10 more days in the hospital (in isolation) and three more surgeries to clean the infection out. Went home with a wound vac and was on IV vancomycin through a port at my collarbone for 8 weeks..... after the first couple of weeks at home, I had my aunt and uncle drive me to my office as I was tired of sitting around.... I would just hang my IV pole next to my desk and get to work!! AHHHH .... having your own business is EVER so glamorous!!

I am now facing replacement of my left hip as it has COMPLETELY worn out, but trying to hold off until just after Thanksgiving when our business tends to get slower.....

I have had congenital issues with both knees, as well and had my first knee surgery at age 19.

Then there was the time I had my dogs at the dog park and got my legs knocked out from under me by a group of playing/spinning dogs.... Landed with my left leg pinned beneath me and the kneecap completely dislocated and sitting on the outside side of my leg.....

Good Times!!

Old 06-29-2016, 05:08 PM

6,220 posts, read 7,403,050 times
I was always pretty healthy - just the garden variety illnesses. I was hit by a car twice - not the same car. No long-lasting results from either.

I rarely missed time from work because of sickness except when I took a mental health day. Retired at 65 and figured I had outlasted all the things that could go wrong. Hah!

At 69 a congenital heart defect began to worsen and I was advised that I should get the valve replaced before I began to have symptoms. So I had the aortic valve replaced. Recuperated and life went along quite nicely.

Until...At age 73 I was diagnosed with colon cancer, Stage II, and had surgery and chemo. That was in 2009 and thus far, I'm fine.

I had what was a lung infection in Feb of this year and along with the hospitalization for that, it was found that I had Atrial Fibrillation. Took almost two weeks to get it back to normal sinus rhythm.

In three months, I'll be 81. Someone once said "God always has another custard pie up his sleeve." I'm ready.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:41 PM

5,749 posts, read 3,188,773 times
Fractured eye socket, three cracked ribs, 2 broken fingers, 8 stitches in my mouth, permanent bite scar on my shoulder, choked to within an inch of my life, multiple scrapes, abrasions, bruises and two black eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or