U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 1,571 times

Advertisements

I know it's strict for disability to approve someone's application to stay out of work if it's a medical problem and my medical condition I know won't be but it's affecting my job and my health. I know it might sound silly to some but I have chronic constipation and I have to push so hard at the end that sometimes I see black for a second then stars and sometimes my feel a little pain in my heart and it's bad for me to do this since I have high blood pressure but it's the only way I can get more out since it feels like it's there but can't come out. My doctor gave me linzess and that gives diarrhea and gas and this can last at least 6 hours. I'm supposed to take it before breakfast for at least 30 days without stopping. All the medications for constipation give diarrhea and that's the main purpose to get everything out. I even tried another doctor and he gave me different medications and all of it had the negative side effect of diarrhea. There is no way I'm going to work with diarrhea and gas, that's not going to happen. Can a doctor excuse me from work for 30 days under FMLA for this reason? The problem is that I already missed too many hours from work due to this problem that I am getting closer to either getting fired or having to quit before I lose all of the time I have left. A few times it's so bad that what happens is that I go to the bathroom before the shift and then I feel like I didn't all of it out and then when I'm working I start feeling and hearing gas and other people can hear this and it won't stop no matter what and I can go to the bathroom and push really hard and even if a little or some comes out, the gas or crap, it still won't stop so I have to leave the job and go home and drink the linzess so this means I just lost hours of work because of this. I also get a tingling feeling on my forehead when I push hard. I am doing damage to my health by pushing hard but this is what chronic constipation makes you do. I'm sure it's doing damage to my kidneys since I have kidney disease and high blood pressure makes it worse.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 02:16 PM

5,843 posts, read 8,426,202 times
You need probiotics. Go to the store and start taking it today.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 1,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
You need probiotics. Go to the store and start taking it today.
already did, it was the first thing the GI doctor told me to take, unfortunately it didn't work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness