U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have side effects with statin drugs?
Yes – I have developed a side effect taking the drug 20 50.00%
No – I take the drug but no side effect 16 40.00%
Don’t know – I don’t know if my issues are side effects or not. 4 10.00%
Maybe – I didn’t know statin drugs have any side effects 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2016, 10:17 AM

21,145 posts, read 22,135,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Statin Drugs May Accelerate Cardiovascular Disease
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/15/...
Oct 14, 2012 · Two different studies conclude that the use of statin drugs may increase the calcification ..

Ah. OK.

And what is YOUR background to make these pronouncements? You know, since the cardiologist's opinion on his own patient and having his medical records available for review, is not good enough for you?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 10:29 AM

1,869 posts, read 833,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Ah. OK.

And what is YOUR background to make these pronouncements? You know, since the cardiologist's opinion on his own patient and having his medical records available for review, is not good enough for you?
NO, it is not, I do my own research, due to this I am totally med free and in excellent health.

Did you ever hear of internet research?

Google is your friend.

There are many doctors who are too busy to make internet research to keep up with the latest surveys and findings!

Aha, OK...!!! :-D((((

Old 10-07-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
NO, it is not, I do my own research, due to this I am totally med free and in excellent health.

Did you ever hear of internet research?

Google is your friend.

There are many doctors who are too busy to make internet research to keep up with the latest surveys and findings!

Aha, OK...!!! :-D((((
Glad you are med free and in excellent health.

I think it's irresponsible to suggest people to disregard their doctor's orders/recommendations based on your Googling.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Glad you are med free and in excellent health.

I think it's irresponsible to suggest to people to disregard their doctor's orders/recommendations based on your Googling.
Hahaha, don't make me laugh....it's s all BUSINESS.

This is a public forum where anybody can post one's opinion , isn't it?
I do not make diagnosis, only suggestions, and it is backed by Google search.

And, I think many doctors should do more internet search to keep up with the newest studies, surveys and findings, so not to stay behind!!!

Old 10-07-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Ah. OK.

And what is your background that you believe and follow BLINDLY whatever your doctor suggests and prescribes? Doctors are fallible, too, you know.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:56 AM

18,927 posts, read 6,185,164 times
I wonder how many of your doctors get into the magnesium deficiency and our hearts. I can about guess on that one. They go right to what they do best, write for a drug for their patients to take. Magnesium is so inexpensive and so valuable and so neglected by conventional medicine.

Benefits of Magnesium Supplements for Heart Health | Dr. Stephen Sinatra

For me and my pretty good health going into my 8 decades of life, Dr. Google and I work very well.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-07-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-07-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
And what is your background that you believe and follow BLINDLY whatever your doctor suggests and prescribes? Doctors are fallible, too, you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I wonder how many of your doctors get into the magnesium deficiency and our hearts. I can about guess on that one.

If you have questions or don't understand something your doctor has ordered, the best thing is to discuss it with them. If you do not trust your doctor, or feel he has your best interest in mind, change doctors.

You would be taken more seriously if you had said "I've seen some studies that suggest X. You might want to read them and discuss with your doctor", rather than jumping to the conclusion that the doctor is ignorant of current studies and just out for cash.

I stand by my assertion that it is irresponsible to do a bit of Googling and make recommendations to complete strangers to disregard their own doctor's orders.

Last edited by maciesmom; 10-07-2016 at 11:38 AM..

Old 10-07-2016, 11:05 AM

27,613 posts, read 17,689,431 times
Quote:
I wonder how many of your doctors get into the magnesium deficiency and our hearts. I can about guess on that one. They go right to what they do best, write for a drug for their patients to take. Magnesium is so inexpensive and so valuable and so neglected by conventional medicine.

Instead of telling me every little thing I should get in my diet, my doctor tells me to take a multivitamin, she nags me about my diet and exercise.

I am tested for what insurance pays for (ie: CBC, liver panel, etc.).

If I want something to tell me every nutrient I would need to pay for the test myself.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 10-07-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:

So correct, thanks^^^^

Why do doctors immediately go into the synthetic meds and not natural supplements?

And I agree doctors are too much fixated on cholesterol and Blood pressure, that's all they think about!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:20 AM

27,613 posts, read 17,689,431 times
Jamin: from your own article, when to take magnesium:

You have suffered a heart attack or are at risk for heart attack;
You are prone to ventricular arrhythmia;
You have had or are planning open-heart surgery or a heart transplant;
You have congestive heart failure or cardiomyopathy;
You have high blood pressure;
You are taking diuretics long-term.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness