U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:00 PM

14,504 posts, read 11,481,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are many ways to lower BP, from drugs to alternative therapies, foods, etc. Meditation is one and I know people don't walk around in a meditative state, although I wonder about some people. Grounding is just another protocol to work with.
I dont know if my BP goes down when I walk in a quiet forest or by a lake but I do feel better, my head feels clearer and I feel invigorated but relaxed. Ive had HBP since the 1980s it was very high and even my three BP pills only bring it down to an above normal level , Ive attended hospital every month for two years to try and regulate it but any time I have it tested its still high... but then Im still here.. so thats a positive..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 01:04 PM

18,775 posts, read 6,138,018 times
I was just awakened to the fact about Ibuprofen and keeping BP elevated. I'm off this NSAID and my BP has become "normal" for me.

Cayenne and Hawthorne Berry Extract are also recommended for HBP.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:38 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,078,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I was just awakened to the fact about Ibuprofen and keeping BP elevated. I'm off this NSAID and my BP has become "normal" for me.

Cayenne and Hawthorne Berry Extract are also recommended for HBP.
I'll presume you have a Blood pressure monitor and check your blood pressure frequently to determine you do indeed have high blood pressure.If you dont have one i'd suggest getting one,they arent that expensive about $60. heres the one i use=
http://www.biosbrands.com/products_bp_fever/3AG1.html
Have you ever seen a doctor and had tests to determine why your blood pressure is high?If its just a matter of stress related issues your pills / potions and grounding may have some benefit,if on the other hand its constricted blood vessels causing your high blood pressure you'll need more than dietary supplements to prevent a future stroke.
High blood pressure dangers: Hypertension's effects on the body - Mayo Clinic

Last edited by jambo101; 08-27-2016 at 05:47 AM..

Old 08-27-2016, 11:50 AM

I've been monitoring my BP for years AT HOME. It started to elevate after 40 yrs of age. My parents both took BP meds as long as I can remember. This condition is often genetic. Plus as we age and I'm 78, our blood vessels narrow.

It's good now that I'm off the ibuprofen but still take the meds I've been taking for some yrs. Why mess around with this at this older age.

I've been seeing a new DC and DO and check into their office weekly for my sessions and they take BP every time I'm in there. It's good enough for them now. The DO got me off the ibuprofen.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:11 PM

7,598 posts, read 17,618,792 times
I never had a BP issue in my life until my perfectly functioning thyroid was removed (another story, faux cancer, CYA doctor recommendation). About 4 months after, I was at the Endo's office and he flipped out after taking my BP 210/100). At the time, I was a smoker and bordered being underweight, size 0 or 2. I trotted over to my PCP and was put on lisinopril/hctz, lowest possible dose to start. It worked great and cured my non-migraine headaches.

About six months later, I gave up the cigarettes. After 4 days without Nicotine, I knew it was all in my head. I never looked back. Then the dizzy spells started. Yep, low BP. Doc weaned me slowly, and after 3 weeks, I thought I was home free. Slowly but surely, my BP continued to rise. We finally settled on taking 1/2 tab and all has been good for the past 5 years.

NO ONE should be taking Potassium supplements without doctor's supervision. Oral Potassium is not the best method for someone with a deficiency - it has a high incidence to work against many prescriptions. Diuretics can lead to too much Potassium in the blood, which can mimic stroke symptoms, the very thing many take this supplement to avoid. Stomach upset, esophageal burns are possible if not taken with enough water (true of most, but this and vitamin C are the worst). IV is the preferred treatment for a true deficiency, but it is also very painful. The two times I have had it administered, I had to have pain meds. It feel like molasses is being injected into your veins. Potassium rich foods are the best solution.

Magnesium was introduced to me by a homeopath. (Check with your doctor on this, too). She got me using Mag Oil, due to the increased absorption rate. Magnesium aids with the absorption of other vitamins and supplements. Epsom salt and bath salt manufacturers and physical therapists have known this for decades. I started to use it in foot soaks and massage it onto my legs for prevention of leg cramps. Be careful if you try this - less is more. Start low, like 1/4 cup in a foot bath and no more than 10-15 minutes first time. Pay attention how you do (too relaxed?) and adjust accordingly. You can easily find Mag oil on the web and have it delivered to your door.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:23 AM

447 posts, read 419,594 times
even with meds mine is higher than my wifes but its a heriditary issue for me to some extent also weight an excercise which have improved over the years since i was first warned about the bp. i'm not even thirty yet though so it scares me

Old 08-28-2016, 12:23 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,371,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiselover View Post
even with meds mine is higher than my wifes but its a heriditary issue for me to some extent also weight an excercise which have improved over the years since i was first warned about the bp. i'm not even thirty yet though so it scares me
At least you're getting an early start on it and that's the smart thing to do. I've been on HCTZ since age 31. Now I'm 44 and graduating to a Beta Blocker. Its scary. I work in healthcare and attest to the taking of these meds is keeping people alive longer with a higher quality of life.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:34 PM

If you take NSAIDS, they are known to elevate and keep BP higher. I just got woken up to this and I've taken NSAIDS for chronic arthritis pain for a lot of years.

Control SODIUM.. Get more Potassium from foods and even some supps

Mukta Vati helps to keep BP lower and I buy it on amazon.

BTW: HPB is not driving me nuts anymore.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-28-2016 at 12:54 PM..

Old 08-29-2016, 11:51 AM

706 posts, read 396,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While walking around a forest maybe tranquil and relaxing its a poor way to treat a chronic high blood pressure disorder.
I'm not proposing that it's the only thing that can and should be done, but it's still a useful tool to have when dealing with high BP. When done regularly, it very well could help a person--as was pointed out in the video. I just posted information for the OP, which she can take or leave. Same goes for anyone else reading this thread.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 PM

706 posts, read 396,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
NO ONE should be taking Potassium supplements without doctor's supervision. Oral Potassium is not the best method for someone with a deficiency - it has a high incidence to work against many prescriptions. Diuretics can lead to too much Potassium in the blood, which can mimic stroke symptoms, the very thing many take this supplement to avoid. Stomach upset, esophageal burns are possible if not taken with enough water (true of most, but this and vitamin C are the worst). IV is the preferred treatment for a true deficiency, but it is also very painful. The two times I have had it administered, I had to have pain meds. It feel like molasses is being injected into your veins. Potassium rich foods are the best solution.
That first sentence is a little extreme, IMO. I self-medicate my own potassium and do just fine with it. In fact, the FDA has made it really hard to overdo the potassium in supplements. You can only find pills that provide something like 4% of your RDA. The trick is to take it at low levels throughout the day to reach your RDA. You would never want to take your full RDA in one sitting because that is indeed too much at one time. I use AlkaZone, which is a mineral supplement based in potassium bicarbonate that you add to your drinking water. Each dose (3 drops) is only 4% of the RDA, just as with the pills you can buy. I like this supplement more than plain potassium pills because I can control the dose even further. I only use 2 drops per glass of water. I have low BP and was deficient in sodium, so I also use homemade sole (salt brine) drops in my water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or