U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 11:01 AM

18,807 posts, read 6,138,018 times

Advertisements

Absolutely an over-medicated population of people and Dr. Price has a long history of his research around the world. Of course, no modern day allopathic MD will know of him and his work. He and his foundation are not drug pushers...Nutrition first and foremost. And not pushers of today's countless tests, more tests, equal more $$$$. And people are so confused with health insurance and lack of, start with yourself and work with healing by YOU.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-23-2016 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 03:11 PM

359 posts, read 205,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I believe my integrative MD started on the EKG's for me as I'm one of her aging patients...my friend goes to her and she does EKG's on her now.

People have heart problems and low blood pressure conditions....many factors involved.
Oh I see thanks for info

Old 05-23-2016, 03:13 PM

4,625 posts, read 10,500,588 times
Quote:
Absolutely an over-medicated population of people and Dr. Price has a long history of his research around the world. Of course, no modern day allopathic MD will know of him and his work. He and his foundation are not drug pushers...Nutrition first and foremost. And not pushers of today's countless tests, more tests, equal more $$$$. And people are so confused with health insurance and lack of, start with yourself and work with healing by YOU.

"WAPF is a relatively small non-profit with a modest budget, but its leaders and members have been very effective in advocating a meat-centered diet, with lots of butter and whole, raw milk. Unfortunately, although some of its recommendations are laudable (such as the admonition to avoid highly processed foods, and the warning that most popular vegetarian and vegan diets are not ideal), many others are entirely out of step with modern nutritional science.
They promote a range of irresponsible and potentially dangerous ideas, including:
Butter and butter oil are our "super foods" which contain the "X factor", discovered by Weston Price.
Glandular Organ Extracts - to promote health and healing of the corresponding organ.
Poached brains of animals should be added to other ground meats for better nutrition
Raw cows milk and meat broth should be fed to newborns who don't breast feed, rather than infant formula.
Regular ingestion of clay (Azolimite Mineral Powder) because the clay particles remove pathogens from the body.
There are benefits of feeding sea salt to infants and babies
Fruits and vegetables should be limited in children's diets."
The Truth About the Weston Price Foundation - Vegsource.com

Even vegetarians find Price to be dangerous and his "ideas" flawed

Dr Price died 70 years ago, he was a dentist and most of his "research" was hopelessly flawed when looked at today with small sample sizes and no thought to the short life spans of the peoples he was studying....not to mention his "end point" was dental health....not overall health, cardiovascular health etc...

His and his "followers" ideas are universally ignored by anyone with half a brain as total nonsense...

Old 05-23-2016, 03:25 PM

We can spend all day going back and forth with links on issues, pros/cons, who believes what, who follows which health rules...it can never end. I don't see vegetarians and vegans as the healthy population. Seeing Bill Clinton and how weak he's gotten since his heart issue....I'd bet he and most politicans don't follow alternative/holistic healing. I'd love to see my choices taking more supports to keep them healthy. For starters grape seed extract but I can't get to them.

Home - Weston A Price

Old 05-23-2016, 08:49 PM

24,724 posts, read 26,794,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
It is entirely normal for our blood pressure to go up as we age. .

Actually, it's only normal in cultures that have adopted processed food diets. Cultures that eat whole grains, fruits, fish, vegetables and minimal meat & processed foods see little or no increase in blood pressure with age.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:03 PM

24,724 posts, read 26,794,844 times
Quote:
We can spend all day going back and forth with links on issues, pros/cons, who believes what, who follows which health rules...it can never end. I don't see vegetarians and vegans as the healthy population. Seeing Bill Clinton and how weak he's gotten since his heart issue....I'd bet he and most politicans don't follow alternative/holistic healing. I'd love to see my choices taking more supports to keep them healthy. For starters grape seed extract but I can't get to them.

Home - Weston A Price
I'd say the best thing to do is look at long lived populations and see what they do. While genetics are a factor, they only account for about 1/3 of longevity. Most people mistakenly attribute way too much to genetics. I think they do that because it's easier to ascribe their health problems to factors outside their control rather than actually make the effort to adopt healthier lifestyle habits.

Here's a video on the subject. The short version:

--Plant based diet. Minimal or no processed foods. Meat & poultry as a once in a while treat.
--No smoking. Alcohol not at all or in moderation.
--Community oriented lifestyle.
--Regular religious or spiritual practice (i.e. church/meditation).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jk9ni4XWk

Old 05-24-2016, 01:53 AM

3,359 posts, read 10,635,552 times
I don't know about that Mystical. I've been eating that way for almost 50 years with the exception of a couple when I didn't have a kitchen. I take exactly the same amount of Bp meds as my mother did thought I didn't get it until 20 yrs after my brother did.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:57 PM

Many yrs ago when I was working to get BP lower I bought some of this product and then ended up on meds....now with meds I feel BP is still too high overall. Today at the osteopath office, it was sky high again. I think what goes with me, I stress looking for parking, and then I find one and have a bit of a walk and my walking is not stable, so I worry about falling. She took my BP after my session and it was much lower so that was good BUT.... here is what I just purchased...anyone else use it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00943C9GM/...rds=mukta+vati

Old 05-24-2016, 10:31 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,371,670 times
Quote:
Many yrs ago when I was working to get BP lower I bought some of this product and then ended up on meds....now with meds I feel BP is still too high overall. Today at the osteopath office, it was sky high again. I think what goes with me, I stress looking for parking, and then I find one and have a bit of a walk and my walking is not stable, so I worry about falling. She took my BP after my session and it was much lower so that was good BUT.... here is what I just purchased...anyone else use it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00943C9GM/...rds=mukta+vati
The reviews look awesome but what is it? Or what's in it from your understanding?

Old 05-24-2016, 11:32 PM

Well, Mukta Vati helps to lower BP. as I said even with the G.D. meds I can't get mine lower and some MD's freak out when it goes high in their office...one can talk to them all they want but they are the doctor and feel responsible when you are in their care...and I'm in this D.O.'s care right now and I'd like to see my BP lower...so I'm going to work the the Mukta vati and see along with meds if it will come down some more. It's pretty good at home and when I lay down but I have to move.

Did you read "about the product" it's auyervedic herb blend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or