Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:32 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,891,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We can spend all day going back and forth with links on issues, pros/cons, who believes what, who follows which health rules...it can never end. I don't see vegetarians and vegans as the healthy population. Seeing Bill Clinton and how weak he's gotten since his heart issue....I'd bet he and most politicans don't follow alternative/holistic healing. I'd love to see my choices taking more supports to keep them healthy. For starters grape seed extract but I can't get to them.

Home - Weston A Price
If they are smart, they don't take refined, processed supplements like grape seed extract. They eat whole, healthy foods.

People who eat mostly plant based diets have the highest longevity rates and the lowest morbidity rates.

You are very misinformed.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 05-25-2016 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 10:59 AM

BTW, one of the main health "benefits" of grape seed extract supplementation is supposed to lowering and stabilizing blood pressure. Funny how the one objective, measurable criteria for this is showing no results for you at all.

Try stopping the supplementation for a couple of months and watch your blood pressure come under control with your meds. I doubt you will do that, though. You are too brainwashed by the multi-million dollar unregulated supplement industry.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Absolutely an over-medicated population of people and Dr. Price has a long history of his research around the world. Of course, no modern day allopathic MD will know of him and his work. He and his foundation are not drug pushers...Nutrition first and foremost. And not pushers of today's countless tests, more tests, equal more $$$$. And people are so confused with health insurance and lack of, start with yourself and work with healing by YOU.
At least the medication industry is regulated, unlike the supplement industry.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:15 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times
Oh yes 100,000's die from interactions from supplements annually!!!!

Or is it 100,000's die from the regulated drugs annually?

Old 05-25-2016, 11:28 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Oh yes 100,000's die from interactions from supplements annually!!!!

Or is it 100,000's die from the regulated drugs annually?

When you die jamin, even with an autopsy they will no way of knowing if one of the supplements to blame, it's not part of the testing procedure. As suppls are not regulated there is no one tracking deaths and injuries. It's just lack of information, not lack of deaths.

People misuse supplements by over taking or mixing too many together all the time, or they make themselves sicker, OR they do not have a quality of life they could have following a good doctors advice in conjunction with supplements.

You know I am pro-responsible use, but if I die there is a record with my doctor of what I am taking including supplements.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-25-2016, 11:30 AM

23,000 people end up in the ER every year from ingesting supplements. And these are only the reported cases. Many are not reported because there is no regulation on this. Most of them were healthy beforehand. Unlike the people from the drug interactions who were generally being treated for illnesses.

Supplements are complex, highly variable and impure. Similar to the 19th century snake-oil preparations that were dangerous but had little if any effectiveness, many are toxic, carcinogenic or otherwise unsafe.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:33 AM

Integrative Medicine(IMCJ 6.2: 38) revealed that dietary supplements are a significant potential source of heavy metal contamination.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:34 AM

Supplements now more likely than medications to cause death:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...th-090414.html

Old 05-25-2016, 11:41 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times
Mikala, there will never be an autopsy....I'm fine with what I do, and avoid the drugs at all cost...this is how I choose my health and healing. Amazing how so many like to attack other's choices on their healing paths.

I don't call others on their choices and many who attack others don't even talk about any of their health issues...truly amazing.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Mikala, there will never be an autopsy....I'm fine with what I do, and avoid the drugs at all cost...this is how I choose my health and healing. Amazing how so many like to attack other's choices on their healing paths.
What you do with your own self is fine. When you start imploring others to do the same is when you are going to get called on your poor and misinformed choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness