U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 05:33 PM

19,066 posts, read 6,294,123 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know that but it's so easy to "put off" getting on my recumbent bike to keep the knees moving.

I worked out at gyms all my adult life until my mid 60's and my knee and back and all joints were getting worse...so I stopped the gym. Bought a used recumbent bike which I have in my living room and use it fairly often but need to cycle daily.

Since hip replacement in 2010, my knee is so worse since shorter leg and other mess like nerve damage so things have changed big time for me. Walking is harder, right foot/ankle is arthritic and now left one is becoming arthritic. So life has changed so much as I approach 78, but I had a good run.

Just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Tucson, she is a non stop go go lady. She motorbikes all over the U.S. and even Canada and parts of Mexico. She's had 3 back surgeries, lost a breast to cancer yrs ago and tells me she has a respitory condition and coughs a lot, forget what she called it. Now she's saying her knees are giving her problems (OA) but riding the bike helps her.

But she is full of energy, amazing to say the least. I always thought she might be hyperthyroid but never asked her that. She exhausts me just listening to her. Now she's planning a trip to South Africa, she travels a lot and won't give that up either. Oh, she is 72 I believe.

Her parting words to me when we were hanging up: If You Don't Use It, You Lose It.... I know that and just peddled 15 minutes on my recumbent bike. Getting ready for an outing with a friend to Bristol Farms for a great burger and some shopping.....my big outing. Before I go, I'll rub my knee with Topricin and re-adjust my knee support......

Keep Moving -- If just a little. Better than no moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or