U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 07:10 PM

553 posts, read 439,500 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the feedback. I know its best to go to a doctor, I just wanted to see if anyone else had any similar experiences to put my mind at ease while I am waiting. This week is finals week, so I am busy studying so have hold off on going to the docs. I probably will go next week when I'm done with classes. My left breast hurts again, but I do know I am ovulating. Its smack in the middle of my menstrual cycle and I have other symptoms as well. So it could be a hormonal thing.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 PM

706 posts, read 396,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I know its best to go to a doctor, I just wanted to see if anyone else had any similar experiences to put my mind at ease while I am waiting. This week is finals week, so I am busy studying so have hold off on going to the docs. I probably will go next week when I'm done with classes. My left breast hurts again, but I do know I am ovulating. Its smack in the middle of my menstrual cycle and I have other symptoms as well. So it could be a hormonal thing.
Yeah, it's totally normal to have tenderness during menstrual cycles. However, if you feel you are having more pain than usual, it couldn't hurt to look into iodine deficiency at the same time you visit your ob/gyn. Don't count on them to be up to speed on this subject. I'm sorry you have to deal with this at the same time as you're having to go through finals.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:42 AM

9,103 posts, read 3,923,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Hi all,

I found a lump on my left breast near the aerola about a month ago before my last period. I was laying on my side and felt it. It was hard the size of a pea and I pushed on it. It was very sore the next day. After a few days, the soreness went away.

After my period started on the 18th (2 weeks ago) the lump seemed to decrease. Before it was right under the skin but when period started I had to really push on the area to feel it.

Its been 14 days since my period and my breast is sore around the lump again. I will go to the docs but scared out of my mind. Could this be breast cancer? I am a 26 year old female, breastfed both my kids, with no family history of breast cancer. Hopefully that bit of info woyld be useful? Thanks.

It is probably nothing but get a mammogram. Better safe than sorry and if it is something the earlier it is caught the better.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:11 AM

21,492 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It is probably nothing but get a mammogram. Better safe than sorry and if it is something the earlier it is caught the better.
Mammograms are usually not done for women OP's age. Most likely her doctor will do a physical exam and possibly ultrasound.

Mammography before age 30 is very hard to interpret.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:10 PM

4,253 posts, read 2,799,449 times
When I was about 27 or 28, I went in for my annual and they found a lump. The doc said that it was probably nothing but just wanted to make sure. So, I had a lumpectomy done. And the doc was right that it was nothing (fibrocystic). It does act up from time to time and can be painful. But, I am armed with the knowledge that I have it. When I go in for my annual mammogram, they know that I have it and sometimes it appears in the x-rays and I need a ultrasound. As all of this may sound like a lot of hassle, it does give me the peace of mind knowing that it is not anything serious.

Please go see the doc. Even if it turns out to be nothing, you will have the peace of mind knowing that rather than wondering. And if per chance it is something, the quicker it is taken care of the better.

Cat

Old 06-10-2016, 01:53 PM

117 posts, read 96,354 times
I've read that if its painful, its not worrisome. I had a non painful lump many years ago - back when I still got my period - the doc said it would go away and it did. Thank God.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:30 PM

16,935 posts, read 19,672,707 times
If it were me I go to the doctor right away and study later. But that's just me.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:36 PM

2,222 posts, read 9,138,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
Pain and changing size indicate that this is unlikely to be cancer.
Perhaps I am an unusual case, but I found my breast cancer because of pain and, within one month it doubled in size. I ended up with a mastectomy due to its size and had 6 micro invasions. I had a mammogram just 11 months prior and nothing was seen.

My personal opinion is find a lump, go to the doctor now. I don't care how old you are or if there is pain or not.

To the OP, your lump is probably a cyst. But cancer knows no age, so go see your doctor. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or