U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:31 AM

119 posts, read 77,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Neither are supplements.

Drugs act much differently than vitamin cofactors. But saying that, I agree they are not cures, but they can work as well as drugs with less side effects.

But being low in certain vitamin co-factors can certainly cause disease, like say, scurvy. Humans do not ever have pharmaceutical drug deficiencies.

Many vitamin co-factors can help lower inflammation if there is a genetic/environmental need.

Effect of riboflavin or pyridoxine deficiency on inflammatory response. - PubMed - NCBI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 11:07 AM

18,756 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_on_a_Coyote View Post
Drugs act much differently than vitamin cofactors. But saying that, I agree they are not cures, but they can work as well as drugs with less side effects.

But being low in certain vitamin co-factors can certainly cause disease, like say, scurvy. Humans do not ever have pharmaceutical drug deficiencies.

Many vitamin co-factors can help lower inflammation if there is a genetic/environmental need.

Effect of riboflavin or pyridoxine deficiency on inflammatory response. - PubMed - NCBI
I agree we are NOT pharma drug deficient. If one wants better improved overall health, it takes work on one's part...there is SO MUCH info at our fingertips to help us in this polluted world.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:17 AM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Eat a more alkaline diet. It's not a fad diet just eat foods that causes less inflammation to the body and you'll see results immediately like no more acid reflux. Avoid foods with transfats used in may processed foods.

Drink lots of leaf teas, none of that fake powder or syrup teas.

Avoid process foods and eat lots of fish or get fish oil.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM

18,756 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_on_a_Coyote View Post

Regarding "cures". I can honestly say the allergy/sinus issues I lived with prior to 1995 were "cured" for 20 yrs. In the last year and in my 21st year of Grape Seed Extract, allergy issues have kicked in especially upon waking up...I don't know why but perhaps the grape seed ex isn't as effective for me after 20 yrs and could be the weather changes we are dealing with, BUT I certainly will not stop taking grape seed ex and DO NOT take any drugs for allergies/sinus issues.

Grape Seed extract is recommended for heart health too.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:47 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I got scared when it was explained to me that glucose had something like hooks on the cells. Scraped the lining of the blood vessels which provides a place for plaque to attach as well as weakening the walls.

Good explanation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or