U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 01:19 PM

1,827 posts, read 849,417 times

Advertisements

you need to see a doctor. One that will tell you to lose 40 pounds over the next year or two and give you a good physical exam related to your fall and general health.

I hope you are not a smoker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:25 PM

4,752 posts, read 1,868,004 times
NC, if I lose 40 lbs I'll be in real trouble, probably wandering through the wilderness slowly starving to death. I haven't seen 220 since I was 18 and in boot camp. Smoking is my single vice (aside from WOT) but not a lot of that.

If this gets any worse I'm going to a doctor and I also turned my boots over to a cobbler today to have some new heels put on them. It seems I'm trying to compensate for something in my gait or the way I stand and how I move. My Achilles is a little sorer today and the same foot is throbbing.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 PM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
Drink plenty of fresh water every day as it is one key to healthy organs and muscles and joints and inflammation will be overcome , there are other things like multivitamins which can keep your health regular , and other things which you can learn in nutrition

Old 06-07-2016, 05:07 PM

34,531 posts, read 42,694,765 times
I have the same problem. I am 68 and have arthritis in my knees and other joints. I have been tested up one side and down the other, but the upshot is that as we age, we get worse at the things we used to be able to do.
Until you are severe enough to want a joint replacement, you just need to take pain relievers to get by.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:11 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,263,876 times
I thought gall bladder disease was food poisoning, and a hernia was indigestion. Unless you're a lot better than I am at diagnosing yourself, I'd say get yourself to a doctor. I've found in my long life that knowing is always better than not knowing.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:19 PM

4,095 posts, read 1,712,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Are we the same age? I was definitely considering that I seem to be okay otherwise but now that you mention it I remember my doctor years ago when dealing with my feet told me things like that can happen. If it doesn't go away I'm going to have it looked into but I would prefer not to go to a doctor yet.
I am 40. Yes, just keep a watch then...if other things don't help, it doesn't hurt to see a doctor about it...make sure all is well.

I used to smoke too & my leg issues were partly caused by it...

Old 06-07-2016, 06:26 PM

4,095 posts, read 1,712,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVaslovik View Post
Could be PAD or Peripheral Arterial Disease.
Yes. This is what I have..

Old 06-07-2016, 08:55 PM

171 posts, read 132,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I felt like my legs were always tired and weak and like tendons or ligaments would be dragging against things and getting stuck. It got bad enough that I couldn't walk around the block without having to sit down and rest. I don't like going to the doctor, so I didn't go. I tried eliminating things from my diet in case that would help. It didn't. Eventually something else came up that forced me to go to the doctor and have a bunch of tests run. I was diagnosed with diabetes. I finally mentioned the leg pain and they said it was probably nerve damage, gave me a prescription for it, and within two weeks I could walk again without pain. It felt great being able to keep up with my kids again.

Anyhow, no clue what's going on with your legs but problems like that don't get better with time, they get worse, so go get checked out.
What was the Rx for? I'm having similar symptoms and feel 99% sure I have pre-diabetes or diabetes or some kind of nerve or vascular problem, yet I hate being poked & prodded so I avoid the MD. But secretly I'm having so many scary symptoms that I've been writing letters to my kids to read when I'm gone and other morbid stuff like that.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:05 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingthisplanet View Post
What was the Rx for? I'm having similar symptoms and feel 99% sure I have pre-diabetes or diabetes or some kind of nerve or vascular problem, yet I hate being poked & prodded so I avoid the MD. But secretly I'm having so many scary symptoms that I've been writing letters to my kids to read when I'm gone and other morbid stuff like that.
Gabapentin.

Sending you a PM about the other stuff.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 PM

529 posts, read 388,350 times
Scrat, this is nothing to fool around with... get to a Dr.

You have already received several good possibilities.... None will get better without seeing a doctor. Another possibility is vericous veins. I have had mine stripped 3 times already in my life! Not all vericous veins that will cause fatigue are visible.

The other really serious potential cause is blood clots. If one of those lets loose and travels to your brain or heart, you can be pushing up daisies within seconds! Do not take this chance! Get to a Dr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness