U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 04:04 PM

311 posts, read 762,518 times

Advertisements

24-48 hours after consuming a very small piece of a habanero pepper, I'm getting very hot burning sensations inside my extremities, my hands and feet. Is this normal?

At first I had the topical burns from handling the habanero pepper on the surface of my hands as I was handling it (I had no idea how hot it was), but now I'm getting internal systemic heat coming from inside my fingers. 24-48 hrs have already elapsed.

Is there internal temperature impact from consuming habanero peppers?

These orange-colored hot peppers (not the jalapenos but the orange habaneros), sold in every grocery store, are a public health hazard. Even touching them with bare hands is extremely dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:30 PM

27,850 posts, read 17,771,612 times
Chilies will continue to burn for a couple days. I'm guessing the sensation is in the same spot you had heat externally?

It's used as a topical pain relief for those properties (counter-irritant).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-07-2016, 10:28 PM

311 posts, read 762,518 times
The sensation is in the same spot I had heat externally, yes, namely my fingertips. But now after I've washed with soap countless times I have a feeling it comes from the bloodstream inside the fingertips, a burning/tingling sensation especially when I lie down.

This is the 2nd day now, nearly 48 hours have elapsed.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:21 AM

27,850 posts, read 17,771,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
The sensation is in the same spot I had heat externally, yes, namely my fingertips. But now after I've washed with soap countless times I have a feeling it comes from the bloodstream inside the fingertips, a burning/tingling sensation especially when I lie down.

This is the 2nd day now, nearly 48 hours have elapsed.

It's normal.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-08-2016, 05:45 AM

33,196 posts, read 39,232,808 times
Habaneros bring heat to a whole new level and should be used with caution, this tough guy kinda puts it in perspective=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ip5oGlMfU

Old 06-09-2016, 02:16 PM

69,478 posts, read 79,700,409 times
Our family are huge lovers of hot and spicy, but Habaneros are even hot for us. I don't think they will really hurt you in a serious way, but they still can make you pretty miserable for a few days. Even Jalapenos can; it is hard to know when one will be really hot. You can take 2 off the same plant; one is too mild to even be a tasty as a bell pepper, the next can be hotter than a Habanero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness