U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:07 AM

8,708 posts, read 8,352,976 times

Advertisements

The over the top federal regulations have finally caused me the loss of much needed medications, so I am trying to find a way I can get them elsewhere and I have had multiple people bring up Canada as a possibility.

Has anyone in the U.S. bought them from Canada, or any other country, LEGALLY?

If so, do you need a script?

Thx much. This is a life and death issue for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

NPG

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM

18,807 posts, read 6,149,026 times
As I understand it, there are online canadian pharmacys and one does need a script. Years ago my friend had a son in law who is canadian and he would bring her 222 pain meds when he went for his home visits but he's gone now and no more source for her....222 is otc but one in the U.S. can't buy it unless they are in canada and somehow bring it home in their bags.

It's more trouble than worth it for me, good thing my few scripts are manageable.

You'll hear from others on this.

If you have scripts, Costco often offers much lower prices.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:57 PM

13,752 posts, read 18,397,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
The over the top federal regulations have finally caused me the loss of much needed medications, so I am trying to find a way I can get them elsewhere and I have had multiple people bring up Canada as a possibility.

Has anyone in the U.S. bought them from Canada, or any other country, LEGALLY?

If so, do you need a script?

Thx much. This is a life and death issue for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

NPG
It's actually a bit of a gray area, as discussed here and here.

In reality, unless you are importing absolutely absurd amounts and/or trying to bring in controlled substances, you're 99% certain to not have any issues. Simply put, U.S Customs has no idea if you have a valid prescription for whatever you are ordering so unless it meets one of the two criteria I mentioned, they simply don't have the time or inclination to bother with it.

I've bought a handful of prescription medications online (none of them that I actually had the prescription for, mind you) and they have all made it here without any issue.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:50 PM

14,695 posts, read 18,763,955 times
I've bought prescription meds from Canada in cases where the price in the USA was hundreds of dollars more than it was in Canada. I had to scan a copy of the script and include it with my order. The Canadian pharmacy from which I ordered my meds was a middleman for some scripts -- sometimes my med was actually shipped from England. I never had any problems, either with the Canadian pharmacy or with the mail service.

Just be sure to google reviews of whichever Canadian pharmacy you use. There are a lot of good ones but there are some that arent so good too.

And it might be a good idea to let your credit card company know that you're placing an order with Canada so they wont suspect credit card abuse and freeze your account. I had that happen the first time and now I always call the credit card and let them know.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:21 PM

Thx everyone.

After doing some more research, it comes down to needing a Canadian pharmacy where I do not need a script for a COX-2 Inhibitor medicine.

Does anyone know of one who will sell me the medicine without having a script?

Thx

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material

Old 06-10-2016, 11:31 PM

18,807 posts, read 6,149,026 times
I use a otc Cox 2 Inhibitor and it serves me pretty darn good as I deal with nasty bodywide OA for going on 60 yrs...I take 3 ibuprofen daily too and the Cox 2 otc herbal. I'll DM the one I buy.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:39 AM

14,977 posts, read 8,543,320 times
Back in the early 2000's I used to use Canadian pharmacies online to get some prescription drugs, and a doctors script was not needed. You simply answered some questions online and that took care of the script.

I think they tightened down now and you need a valid script from a doctor.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 AM

14,509 posts, read 11,489,335 times
What a shame if someone is in a lot of pain.. funny old world when you can buy a gun but not something to take away pain..

Old 06-11-2016, 06:03 AM

7,778 posts, read 9,611,706 times
Our govt has to "protect" us. They think. My docs have always given me what I've needed for pain or prescs. needed for Canada.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I use a otc Cox 2 Inhibitor and it serves me pretty darn good as I deal with nasty bodywide OA for going on 60 yrs...I take 3 ibuprofen daily too and the Cox 2 otc herbal. I'll DM the one I buy.
Excellent! That looks like a good one to try. Thx so much!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or