U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2016, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,511 posts, read 79,802,013 times
Reputation: 38865

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbythecat View Post
I've heard that medical personnel refer to people who are concerned about their "movements" as Bowel Babies.

Any doctor or nurse will say that a daily "movement" is NOT necessary. Eat a well balanced diet and let things happen when they happen.
Gabby this is 100% correct. If you doubt it ask anyone in the medical field. For some people they just have a thing about a daily BM, but for others it isn't and it really shouldn't be a huge issue as long as a person is relatively regular. I think some people have the idea, if this good for me or something I feel strongly about everyone else should as well.

 
Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 PM
 
19,066 posts, read 6,294,123 times
Reputation: 12847
It's good so many rely on allopathic info, we'll just agree to disagree on this one to a big degree. In my almost 8 decades, I've gotten from info dr google than a former life with allopathy, they are good at writing drugs. We'll just agree to disagree on this topic.

Also, know that being backed up or constipated is also a symptom of HypoT. HypoT another sluggish issue in conventional medicine. Been down that long long road.
 
Old 06-25-2016, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,600 posts, read 26,281,486 times
Reputation: 26667
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well, as I see it, if one wants to KEEP old waste in their bodies, they are free to do so. I don't trust too many of the medical establishments as they need us to be sick for them to make a good living. The "cleaner" I feel, the less medical help I need. I've been on this planet a lotta decades to know how my system and the system of the medical world WORKS.

I know of two who were in the hospital with bowel issues, my cousin's husband who dealt with Parkinson's and was doing OK with the PD, but ended up with bowel blockage and ended up in hospital and died from complications.

Another person I know recently ended up in the hospital and had bowel surgery for blockage. Blockages as I see it are caused by "being backed up". Not cleaning out good and regular. So many meds can cause havoc in this area. I don't think that was my issue so much, just being unaware and not eating the best foods and rushing thru my life.
Bowel obstructions may require surgery. They are not caused by constipation but by things like cancers and intra-abdominal adhesions. I have had surgery for a small bowel obstruction that was due to surgery I had many years before the obstruction happened. Severe constipation can result in an impaction, which is not treated by surgery but by someone putting on a glove, manually breaking up the impacted stool, and then giving the patient enemas and laxatives.

If someone you know has had to have surgery due to a "blockage", it was not due to constipation. Constipation is not treated with surgery.

No, "blockages" needing surgery are not caused by "being backed up".

As long as you do not need to strain and the stool is not hard and uncomfortable to pass, you are not constipated. It does not matter if you make one trip a day to the toilet, three a day, or one every three days.
 
Old 06-25-2016, 12:40 PM
 
4,636 posts, read 10,542,555 times
Reputation: 10358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's good so many rely on allopathic info, we'll just agree to disagree on this one to a big degree. In my almost 8 decades, I've gotten from info dr google than a former life with allopathy, they are good at writing drugs. We'll just agree to disagree on this topic.

Also, know that being backed up or constipated is also a symptom of HypoT. HypoT another sluggish issue in conventional medicine. Been down that long long road.
Also, know that being obsessed about having a bowel movement every day is also a symptom of mental illness, OCD for one....
 
Old 06-25-2016, 01:55 PM
 
19,066 posts, read 6,294,123 times
Reputation: 12847
You want to keep your waste, I don't and no OCD here...thanks.
 
Old 06-25-2016, 04:47 PM
 
14,723 posts, read 18,840,271 times
Reputation: 20275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Also, know that being obsessed about having a bowel movement every day is also a symptom of mental illness, OCD for one....

Yes, it is. And some people's posts on this and other topics are a sad window into their OCD worlds.
 
Old 06-25-2016, 05:06 PM
 
Location: New Yawk
8,663 posts, read 4,823,029 times
Reputation: 14034
This is totally humiliating to talk about, but my earliest memories are of forced enemas and suppositories on a regular basis because the adults responsible for me could not accept that some people are less "regular" than others. To this day, even the most basic medical or dental exam/procedure causes extreme anxiety and fear.
 
Old 06-26-2016, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,511 posts, read 79,802,013 times
Reputation: 38865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
This is totally humiliating to talk about, but my earliest memories are of forced enemas and suppositories on a regular basis because the adults responsible for me could not accept that some people are less "regular" than others. To this day, even the most basic medical or dental exam/procedure causes extreme anxiety and fear.
I certainly believe this. I remember and I am going back, maybe 70 years how we were often given enemas but not the suppositories. We have come a long way in the past 1/2 century, thank God
 
Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 PM
 
19,066 posts, read 6,294,123 times
Reputation: 12847
What is humilitating about a clean colon, or as clean as one can get their colon.

And they are still giving enemas. My friend who fell recently and ended up in the hospital with broken shoulder and now in rehab is dealing with backed up stuff and they are trying everything and will go to enema soon if they can't get her to go. She lives with ibs and is forever working with this issue.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-26-2016 at 01:38 PM..
 
Old 06-27-2016, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,511 posts, read 79,802,013 times
Reputation: 38865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What is humilitating about a clean colon, or as clean as one can get their colon.

And they are still giving enemas. My friend who fell recently and ended up in the hospital with broken shoulder and now in rehab is dealing with backed up stuff and they are trying everything and will go to enema soon if they can't get her to go. She lives with ibs and is forever working with this issue.
Did anyone say, no one has enemas anymore? Of course not, but they are not routine as they were in the past and they are not, recommended except in extreme cases!!!! I am sorry you have so many friends with so many ailments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top