U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:20 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Interesting that you mention very damp weather. That was the only time my back ever bothered into young adulthood. What cured that? Oddly, pregnancy and carrying two children. Never bothered me ever again. You would think that pregnancy would make it worse? Apparently not. My OB then, long before now modern medicine, said pregnancy might have made my back stronger putting all that extra pressure on my spine.
Boy is that a new one: I am so happy for you. I guess, if I were a little younger I would give pregnancy a try, but at 79 and having a hysterectomy 55 years ago getting pregnant is pretty much out of the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 11:23 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just heard my weekly hour of Dr. Darrow on PRP. I sometimes thought he made it sound like PRP was the answer, but he says upwards of 80% success with PRP and keep people out out surgery. Again, SO MANY have no idea of PRP work, and we're hearing more and more about stem cells.

Then I got to thinking, how all the allopathic doctors push for surgery telling patients they "NEED" surgery. The doctors no matter what type work they do, all need patients to keep them working and live their lifestyles etc.

Why the "H" won't our insurance world let us make our decison. When I did the hip job, the hospital was paid over $55K for my 3 nights. All the doctors involved probably were paid over $20K and besides surgeon there were probably 4 other MD types who called on me while in my hospital room. Then there was the anestologist (sp) and the surgeon's PA the list goes on of all involved in those surgeries.

The PRP costs per series is about $800 and even if some one needs up to 3 series, that's $2400. Surely a lot cheaper than the mega $$$ for surgery. Why, don't they cover this, MAYBE because it works.

Thinking back on the $55K paid to hospital by Medicare, this is what medicare approved and paid, I think the total billing was for something like $100K, I kept my statements, so will look that up...it's been almost 6 yrs and prices haven't come down, have they? Then on this I had my annual deductible of $1100 and my copays on what medicare didn't pay which was another $1000 or so.
and what did you say this wonderful doctor is selling?

Old 06-26-2016, 12:14 PM

18,765 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what did you say this wonderful doctor is selling?
PRP and Stem Cells vs Traumatic COSTLY Surgeries. I live with one that has about done me in and aged me more than I ever dreamed would happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness