U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 02:50 PM

2,597 posts, read 536,851 times

Advertisements

I have had a plantar's wart on my toe for the past six months. Tried freezing it at home and using the wart patches. No luck. Made two trips to the dermatologist's office--she froze it and gave me salicyclic acid at 40%. Still wouldn't budge. She thought it could take a year to get off! No point in spending $150 a pop for no results. It's actually gotten a little small now with clear nail polish on top.

I do yoga, bare footed, so the wart is so not appreciated! (I know in the scheme of things it's not that big a deal.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 03:07 PM

15,559 posts, read 9,584,514 times
I had 3 on one foot years ago. The dr burned them off but one came back. Had it burned off again. It came back-smaller each time but enough was enough.

Someone told me to puncture it with a needle so blood came up through it. I sterilized a large sewing needle, poked the thing (didn't hurt-it was too thick) and let it bleed for a bit. Then cleaned and bandaged it. Never came back.

If I ever got any again, I'd do the same thing.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:25 PM

4,010 posts, read 1,954,266 times
What my grandmother did was to stick a sewing needle into the middle and then take a match to the needle and hold it there until its red hot - it will hurt - I usually try to hold it until about a 10 count. After that the wart will die and fall off - usually within about 3-5 days.

I have used this method successfully on any wart.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:04 PM

2,427 posts, read 783,770 times
I've had one for at least 30 years that I can't get rid of. I tried all of the standard home applications, had years worth of repeated freezings by a dermatologist, and had years worth of acid treatments by a podiatrist, all to no avail. It just keeps coming back. Maybe I should try Beclazone's soldering iron method?

Old 06-24-2016, 03:12 AM

21 posts, read 10,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Do people know why they get warts. Is it viral? I haven't looked it up but I've never had a wart.

I've been taking supps that keep viral load down in my body.
Yes it is from the HPV virus being transmitted from one person to another. Like if you touch a counter then another person touches it, or vice versa. There are many strains of HPV

Old 06-25-2016, 10:51 AM

3,248 posts, read 4,090,152 times
I had a plantar wart for about a year. It went away shortly after I started taking this mushroom formula (which I wasn't even taking for the wart):

Gaia Herbs, Maitake Defense, 60 Veggie Liquid Phyto-Caps - iHerb.com

I don't see this listed on Gaia's web page though, so I'm not sure they are really currently producing it. I haven't seen it on sale anywhere for a few years.

I also can't promise it will work (if it's even available) and I don't claim to know for sure if this is what finally eliminated the wart.

Cotton in apple cider vinegar and duct tape both worked well for me, at keeping the plantar wart under control. The least effective thing I tried was an expensive prescription cream. (I didn't have any insurance at the time, so this was out of pocket.)

Old 06-25-2016, 11:51 AM

21,477 posts, read 26,078,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You might try this link that I started back in 2011: Psychosomatic healing, maybe?. We have one poster (suzy_q2010) that was very informative; pay close attention to her post and links.

My wife now has one small plantar wart on her one foot. She read about the duct tape and has been keeping the wart covered with the tape ever since (she did not read the study that suzy_q2010 posted). My wife believes that the duct tape is helping; so I have not told her of that study (thinking that the power of positive thinking might be helping). By the way; I do not know if the duct tape does help by keeping the callus buildup softer)?

I know how painful they are and I sympathize with anybody that suffers from them. I would love to see better treatments available. I do not really know if it was my own immune system, psychosomatic healing or a miracle 'cure' that heeled me? I wish you good luck.
Thanks, fisheye.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:49 PM

13,130 posts, read 10,560,296 times
I am curious if anybody ever had almost 100 of them scattered around on both feet? I had just about 50 on each foot when I was 19 years old. Some were half an inch in diameter and some were almost half an inch deep. I could not stand the pain of the front of my foot touching the floor.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:46 PM

4,748 posts, read 6,144,281 times
The duct tape alone (not with apple cider vinegar) method worked for my son, who had one for a few months until we figured out what it was. Google the duct tape method and give it a try....his has never come back, and that was probably 10 years ago.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:28 PM

4,164 posts, read 2,811,048 times
I believe the warts are viral. I had some on bottom of one of my feet (way back when) most likely from walking barefoot at public swimming pool areas where someone else who had them walked, so easy to "catch".

Anyway, finally went to the doctor and he burned them off. Too long ago for any more detail than that, but they never came back.

And yes, they were extremely painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness