Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 04:40 PM

11,409 posts, read 7,722,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Probably....but you could try just lathering up the "worst" parts and rubbing down the rest with pure water. So yes, rinse off all the sweat and use soap on the stinky parts. But if you're a guy you likely have fewer issues with dry or irritated skin anyway so later away!
Meh. I'm not a guy and have no issues with dry or irritated skin. Since I'm not worried about any of the side effects of showering, I'll keep enjoying a daily shower.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:47 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
FYI about the website you linked to

Here are some articles that may be of interest.
Hygiene Fast Facts | Hygiene | Healthy Water | CDC
You Asked: How Often Should I Shower?

Old 06-25-2016, 05:55 PM

15,106 posts, read 27,550,358 times
I think we need to start a hypochondriac thread

Old 06-25-2016, 06:16 PM

49,975 posts, read 63,287,500 times
IF I lived in a place where water was rationed, I could easily get by with a shower every other day. If I lived in a dwelling with no AC then it would be harder. I'm a quick showerer, so I doubt if I'd save much with a PTA.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:06 PM

7,665 posts, read 5,376,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
You can get an anti-slip surface, if that's the only reason you're not bathing!

No way could I go a day without a bath/shower....even if I'm not dirty or stinky! I LIKE bathing!
Sitting in a tub of fluoridated water?

Old 06-25-2016, 10:30 PM

44,542 posts, read 61,215,278 times
So you don't shower because of contaminated bath water, hmm, how do you deal with the acid rain, dirty sweat and other contaminants you get daily on your body?

Old 06-25-2016, 10:34 PM

983 posts, read 1,047,443 times
Possibly you think you don't need frequent showers because you have become accustomed to your own body odor and don't realize how smelly you have become? You might ask an acquaintance - not someone you live with, because that person might no longer notice how you smell.

If you are worried about dry, irritated skin, use a gentle soap, and then follow up with lotion if necessary. If you don't drink the water, you won't be impacted by the chemicals in it. Use grab rails and bath mats to make the tub or shower more safe...

You seem to spend a lot of time obsessing about things. Maybe you need to get a real hobby or something? Make some friends, read to school children - do something!

Old 06-25-2016, 10:48 PM

36,961 posts, read 40,902,803 times
Fluoridation: 2. What happens to fluoride in your body?

"Water used for washing may also contain fluoride. There is no data on fluoride absorption through the skin, but the fluoride ion will not readily pass through the skin and this pathway is not likely to contribute to people’s fluoride intake."

Fluoride is naturally present in water. Too little contributes to tooth decay. Too much during childhood can cause staining of teeth. There is a dosage sweet spot where teeth are protected while staining is avoided.

People who do not bathe get used to their own B.O. Friends and coworkers may notice but not say anything.

Washing the smelly bits only takes more effort than just taking a shower.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:18 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,588,999 times
I sent a sample of my tap water for testing and the stuff was riddled with chemicals, including tons of dihydrogen monoxide!!! It was in my friend's water too and she ended up with cancer. Those people who tell us there are no chemicals in our food, drink or homes are lying!!!

Old 06-25-2016, 11:35 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,557,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Fluoridation: 2. What happens to fluoride in your body?

"Water used for washing may also contain fluoride. There is no data on fluoride absorption through the skin, but the fluoride ion will not readily pass through the skin and this pathway is not likely to contribute to people’s fluoride intake."

Fluoride is naturally present in water. Too little contributes to tooth decay. Too much during childhood can cause staining of teeth. There is a dosage sweet spot where teeth are protected while staining is avoided.

People who do not bathe get used to their own B.O. Friends and coworkers may notice but not say anything.

Washing the smelly bits only takes more effort than just taking a shower.
Yes, it's true that "F" is naturally occurring but not the STUFF added to public waters...it's waste from aluminum and lead and fertilizer plants. There is no sweet spot for everyone who consumes public waters and foods irrigated with public waters. Everyone drinks various amounts of tap water and many do not drink any of it...but MOST drink tap water in the U.S.

It was meant for babies forming their teeth not for grown adults and their organs and joints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness