U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 04:57 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,107,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Nope - you implied that ONLY males had such issues - YOU prove to me that female doctors never had had similar cases. There are no absolutes in this world...YOU are wrong by default.
Ah, so I was right, you can't find a single case of sexual abuse or sexual assault from a female gynecologist, right? That is why you got all defensive. I never claimed any absolutes. Read what I said again. You are FAR more likely to be sexually assaulted, abused or violated by a male gynecologist. This is simply a fact. Welcome to the real world.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:08 PM

7,961 posts, read 6,706,083 times
For general medicine (even advanced surgery) I do not care if a male of female physician. For specific gender issues, I always say one of the same gender is preferable.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:12 PM

8,652 posts, read 4,783,711 times
Eh, male it female, I'm popping a Xanax; it's mortifying either way.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:33 PM

27,445 posts, read 17,619,243 times
I pick (keep) my doctors based upon skill and compatibility with my personality.

My GP is female, my gyno is male, my rheumalogist is male, derm is male.............

I don't care, it's medicine. What if one of my doc's thinks I'm hot? Oh no! What if my female GP is a lesbian? Wait............. is it ok if my derm is a gay man?

I think that is so stupid.

Yes, I have had a male masseuse. Prepare to be shocked..... my husband has had female masseuses.

My waxers name is Ritchie, but she's a she and has a BF.

I care about service, not whether whoever it is might be admiring the view.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 09-06-2016, 12:09 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,107,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I pick (keep) my doctors based upon skill and compatibility with my personality.

My GP is female, my gyno is male, my rheumalogist is male, derm is male.............

I don't care, it's medicine. What if one of my doc's thinks I'm hot? Oh no! What if my female GP is a lesbian? Wait............. is it ok if my derm is a gay man?

I think that is so stupid.

Yes, I have had a male masseuse. Prepare to be shocked..... my husband has had female masseuses.

My waxers name is Ritchie, but she's a she and has a BF.

I care about service, not whether whoever it is might be admiring the view.
Would you go to a male waxer?

Old 09-06-2016, 01:01 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
wouldlnt go to a waxer at all its gross....

Old 09-06-2016, 05:25 AM

22,695 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Are you serious? The reasons male gynos have a female nurse in the room is to protect THEMSELVES from accusations from delusional women. The only comment that makes any sense is # 4 "they have no other option". You're not always going to find a female gyno/ob doctor in every town, especially a small one. I'm old enough to remember when most doctors were male.
I'm that old, too. When you went to a see a doctor, it was a guy. It still is in most cases.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:28 AM

22,695 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Not necessarily true....that's why doctors have malpractice insurance...many things are "settled" with part of the settlement being that it is sealed and no one finds out about the "allegations". But yeah, it's cheap to have a nurse or some other female around so why not?

But couldn't a "crazy" (or sane) female also make crazy (or real) allegations against a female ob/gyn? Do THEY usually have witnesses? Guess it's all in what the perceived odds are of such a thing happening.
My female OB/GYN always had someone in the room with her.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:57 AM

13,138 posts, read 7,387,994 times
Quote:
Look at my past posts in this thread. I discuss this very issue. You are probably older and come from a time when women doctors weren't as common. Therefore, your only option was to have a male doctor so you had to justify that it was okay without reason.

I never said anything about banning. What I said applies to women healthcare professionals with male patients as well.

It's not a strange discrimination at all. All over the world women are seperated from men in certain situations. Would you change infront of a random man? Would you go to a male for a bikini wax? Would you be naked infront a male masseuse? Would you be measured for a bra by a man?

I would say the majority of women in the US who are comfortable with a male doctor seeing them naked would do none of the above. That shows that they are being inconsistent and there is nothing strange about applying this same standard to male doctors as other males in different professions.

I am a man, I know many many men. The vast majority of them think that way. It is simply biology. Natural selection has selected for men who find naked women visually appealing.
Ah, but it is. A doctor is a doctor. He sees me naked (and not even all of me) because he is examining me for diseases, that's all. I am not doing a sexual striptease for him. I have seen lesbian gynecologists myself, two different ones, and I felt that they were rough with me. I saw male gynos afterward and have been satisfied. I'm not sure about bikini waxes and massages, but even in those cases, the people are performing professional services for a fee. And a bikini wax is certainly not a turn-on for any of the involved parties I know because I had many of them done when I was young and stupid. Medical exams are not about physicians getting their rocks off by any stretch of the imagination. There are many fun ways to do that. Who gets turned on by seeing an anxiety ridden woman's private parts in that ridiculous paper gown with her feet in the stirrups on a sterile examination table with a nurse standing beside him? If anyone does, he has mental health issues that need addressed.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 AM

27,445 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Quote:
Probably not, but I'm sure you give equal weight to the two professions, but I don't.

Women waxers here don't do men either.

If the only person available was a guy and I was leaving on vacation.... I might, not sure.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or