U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-06-2016, 11:57 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Probably not, but I'm sure you give equal weight to the two professions, but I don't.

Women waxers here don't do men either.

If the only person available was a guy and I was leaving on vacation.... I might, not sure.
But see this proves that I am correct about this. All the arguments people use about male doctors can be equally applied to male waxers. It has absolutely nothing to do with given equal weight to the two professions.

Just look through this thread.

How many people said that male doctors are professionals, are waxers not professionals?

How many people said that male doctors see naked women all the time and are therefore "desensitized" to them, would a male waxer not see naked women all the time?

How many people said that physical exams aren't inherantly intimate, is waxing inherantly intimate?

How many people said that doctors were trained to do their job, are waxers not trained?


This is exactly what I have been trying to point out to everyone. People apply arguments to male doctors inconsistantly, when these same arguments are applied in the same manner to other situations, people reject them.

I dare you to propose a single logically sound argument for why someone who would go to a male doctor for intimate exams and wouldn't go to a male waxer are being logically consistent.

 
Old 09-07-2016, 12:01 AM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Ah, but it is. A doctor is a doctor. He sees me naked (and not even all of me) because he is examining me for diseases, that's all. I am not doing a sexual striptease for him. I have seen lesbian gynecologists myself, two different ones, and I felt that they were rough with me. I saw male gynos afterward and have been satisfied. I'm not sure about bikini waxes and massages, but even in those cases, the people are performing professional services for a fee. And a bikini wax is certainly not a turn-on for any of the involved parties I know because I had many of them done when I was young and stupid. Medical exams are not about physicians getting their rocks off by any stretch of the imagination. There are many fun ways to do that. Who gets turned on by seeing an anxiety ridden woman's private parts in that ridiculous paper gown with her feet in the stirrups on a sterile examination table with a nurse standing beside him? If anyone does, he has mental health issues that need addressed.
Clearly a doctor is a doctor, but that is not a logically sound argument. Clearly you are not aware of sexual fetishes. Put the majority of straight men in a position of waxing an attractive woman or performing a physical exam on them, I guarentee they would get turned on by these activities.
 
Old 09-07-2016, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
22,703 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Reputation: 27757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Clearly a doctor is a doctor, but that is not a logically sound argument. Clearly you are not aware of sexual fetishes. Put the majority of straight men in a position of waxing an attractive woman or performing a physical exam on them, I guarentee they would get turned on by these activities.
Years ago, I went to an Urgent Care office with a toe infection while on vacation. I'd swear the guy had a foot fetish. My foot was in his lap for about 15 minutes while we discussed impetigo.

You've taken over someone else's thread and have a serious problem with male doctors. Reading your posts leads me to believe that you are the one with problems. You don't seem to be able to see that some just want to do their job or help people and make their lives better.
 
Old 09-07-2016, 01:50 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Years ago, I went to an Urgent Care office with a toe infection while on vacation. I'd swear the guy had a foot fetish. My foot was in his lap for about 15 minutes while we discussed impetigo.

You've taken over someone else's thread and have a serious problem with male doctors. Reading your posts leads me to believe that you are the one with problems. You don't seem to be able to see that some just want to do their job or help people and make their lives better.
Personal attacks are not a logical argument either.
 
Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Camberville
11,395 posts, read 15,995,267 times
Reputation: 18035
I couldn't care less what gender my doctor is. After going through cancer as a particularly interesting case, it seems like half the Boston medical community has seen me in various states of undress, bleeding, puking, crying, or some other vulnerable or compromised position.

I'm much more interested in their training and educational background, though I am lucky enough to live in an area where almost all of my doctors trained at Harvard Med and have held residencies in some of the top hospitals in the country.

In any case, I've always said that if I'm old enough to have sex, I'm old enough not to blush when medical professionals ask me questions about my sexual history or examine my reproductive organs. No matter what I have to say, they've certainly heard worse!
 
Old 09-07-2016, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
22,703 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Reputation: 27757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Personal attacks are not a logical argument either.
That wasn't meant to be a personal attack.
 
Old 09-07-2016, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
22,703 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Reputation: 27757
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I couldn't care less what gender my doctor is. After going through cancer as a particularly interesting case, it seems like half the Boston medical community has seen me in various states of undress, bleeding, puking, crying, or some other vulnerable or compromised position.

I'm much more interested in their training and educational background, though I am lucky enough to live in an area where almost all of my doctors trained at Harvard Med and have held residencies in some of the top hospitals in the country.

In any case, I've always said that if I'm old enough to have sex, I'm old enough not to blush when medical professionals ask me questions about my sexual history or examine my reproductive organs. No matter what I have to say, they've certainly heard worse!
I feel the same way. Doctors, most of them men, have saved my life. The only time I ever thought about it was when I was 14 and my clothes were being cut off in the ER. Everyone is going to see me naked! LOL
 
Old 09-07-2016, 05:33 PM
 
Location: East of the Mississippi and South of Bluegrass
4,099 posts, read 3,388,567 times
Reputation: 8651
Default To answer the question...

In my lifetime I have had four ob/gyn doctors; the first two were male and the last two were female; personally my favorite was my second doctor, a male doctor who was pro-women.

He was always quoting statistics to me about women, such as how strong women are and things of that nature. I would not want to get in trouble here because I cannot cite his sources but as a professional I have to believe he knew what he was talking about bot through his experiences as well as his education.

Yeah, it was not strange at all, to me anyway.
 
Old 09-07-2016, 06:01 PM
 
3,431 posts, read 2,751,065 times
Reputation: 4111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Did you even read any of what I said or the links I posted?

Male gynecologists are sued at nearly double the rate as female one when they are sued as individuals.

I just linked dozens of sexual assault and abuse cases commited by male gynecologists, like I said above, show me one case with a female gynecologist. All the cases I showed you are recent so your argument doesn't hold water.

I have proved to you that male gynecologists are WAY more likely to sexually abuse patients. You just refuse to admit that you are wrong.

More links:

http://doctors.ajc.com
New Sex Abuse Scandal: 2,400 Doctors Implicated by Patients - ABC News
Your description of the content at your links is inaccurate, and just plain misleading, and the articles don't support your argument at all. Link #1: lists several doctors, not all OBGYNs. Link #2: Accusations of improper conduct, not convictions. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

The reason more male doctors have been accused and/or charged and/or convicted of abusing patients is because more men have historically been in positions of unquestioned authority, same as more male bosses, male teachers, male priests, male politicians, etc., have historically been accused of the same thing. Well, female teachers are now being accused and convicted of improper conduct... some people abuse their authority no matter their gender. But they are a tiny minority, thankfully.

You want us to believe that male OBGYNs and other male doctors are spending all of their free time hanging out at fetish websites, I'm not buying it.
 
Old 09-07-2016, 06:14 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Your description of the content at your links is inaccurate, and just plain misleading, and the articles don't support your argument at all. Link #1: lists several doctors, not all OBGYNs. Link #2: Accusations of improper conduct, not convictions. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

The reason more male doctors have been accused and/or charged and/or convicted of abusing patients is because more men have historically been in positions of unquestioned authority, same as more male bosses, male teachers, male priests, male politicians, etc., have historically been accused of the same thing. Well, female teachers are now being accused and convicted of improper conduct... some people abuse their authority no matter their gender. But they are a tiny minority, thankfully.

You want us to believe that male OBGYNs and other male doctors are spending all of their free time hanging out at fetish websites, I'm not buying it.
I listed dozens and dozens of cases against male gynecologists sexually abusing female patients. Show me a case where a female gynecologist sexually abused a patient. You don't care about facts or statistics. I have posted link after link that backs my claims and you are just sitting there and refusing to listen to facts and data.

http://www.sexualmisconductbydoctors....aspx?SpecID=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top