U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 08:43 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,108,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I had only one "bad" experience: I was all sweaty and blustery through the exam because he was insanely hot. It's a good thing he was able to remain professional
This is what I don't understand. If there was nothing remotely sexual about going to the obgyn, why would you have been turned on like that? If I go to the bakery and a gorgeous woman is working behind the counter I would notice her for sure but I wouldn't have a response like you did, I wouldn't remember it years later. That response alone should be proof to you that what I have been saying this whole time is right.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
When I was in the service, I never knew which doc I was going to get. Male, female, one I have seen before, a newbie-you just never knew.

One time I went in for an exam. I was up there in the stir-ups and basically all hanging out-if you know what I mean. In walks this doc who was drop dead GORGEOUS!!! He stretches out his hand and says, "Hi, I'm Doctor _____" (can't even remember his name.) I felt like saying, "Hi I'm Embarrassed."

Cat
Again, as I mentioned above. Proof that I am right.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:49 PM

67 posts, read 38,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I find it bizarre how some women think only a woman should be an OB/GYN. And base their decision on the doctor's gender, rather than looking at the doctor's ability and competence. Also, just because a doctor is a woman like you are doesn't mean she is going to be looking out for your best interests.

My OB/GYN is a man. Over the years I've gotten sick of other women who tell me I should be seeing a woman doctor. My male doctor is one of the best surgeons out there. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would be alive today. Also IMO I think women doctors can be unusually harsh with their female patients. Let's face it, women aren't always nice to each other. I used to see a woman ob/gyn and she was so freaking nosy about every little thing in my personal life, and it seemed she just wanted to judge me. She implied that I was an oppressed wife because I stayed home and didn't work. She wasn't assessing my medical issues at all, she was judging my personal life. A man doctor would never even care about the whole work or stay home issue. That is something women obsess over.
Yeah but if you tell a man you have bad cramps he won't know what cramps feel like much less bad ones but a woman would understand. Or as I have learned women and their discharge when not on their period, wouldn't women be more understanding? Seems kind of weird to see a male and you talk about your periods.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
Yeah but if you tell a man you have bad cramps he won't know what cramps feel like much less bad ones but a woman would understand. Or as I have learned women and their discharge when not on their period, wouldn't women be more understanding? Seems kind of weird to see a male and you talk about your periods.
Exactly. Would you take your car to a mechanic that has never driven before?

Old 09-09-2016, 05:29 AM

8,652 posts, read 4,788,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
This is what I don't understand. If there was nothing remotely sexual about going to the obgyn, why would you have been turned on like that? If I go to the bakery and a gorgeous woman is working behind the counter I would notice her for sure but I wouldn't have a response like you did, I wouldn't remember it years later. That response alone should be proof to you that what I have been saying this whole time is right.
I never said I was turned on . Just that he was really hot. Two different things. And he was an ER doctor, not a gynecologist, if that makes it any less sordid.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 AM

2,428 posts, read 785,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
Exactly. There are some things that a woman is going to better understand and fortunately for women, most of the time they have that choice. Men don't have it so lucky. Even if your urologist is a male, it is rare that the nursing & tech staff assisting him are going to be male. In the same fashion as women truly understanding cramps in a way that men can't, they are not going to really understand male urological, prostate, or genital issues as well as a male medical staff person does. However, men almost always have to face a sea of women for such things.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:39 AM

3,999 posts, read 1,778,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I find it bizarre how some women think only a woman should be an OB/GYN. And base their decision on the doctor's gender, rather than looking at the doctor's ability and competence. Also, just because a doctor is a woman like you are doesn't mean she is going to be looking out for your best interests.

My OB/GYN is a man. Over the years I've gotten sick of other women who tell me I should be seeing a woman doctor. My male doctor is one of the best surgeons out there. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would be alive today. Also IMO I think women doctors can be unusually harsh with their female patients. Let's face it, women aren't always nice to each other. I used to see a woman ob/gyn and she was so freaking nosy about every little thing in my personal life, and it seemed she just wanted to judge me. She implied that I was an oppressed wife because I stayed home and didn't work. She wasn't assessing my medical issues at all, she was judging my personal life. A man doctor would never even care about the whole work or stay home issue. That is something women obsess over.
This has been my experience as well. When my mom was in her PhD program in the 90's she said that Medical Science was very much a "Good Old Boy" club that was very difficult for women to navigate.

She said that most of the women learned how to adapt with the "If You Can't Beat Them; Join Them" mentality & would often become more patriarichal than the male Med Students.

I'd rather see a male doctor than see a female doctor that thinks she got to be a doctor by "acting like a man" & uses me as a way to "prove" herself.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I never said I was turned on . Just that he was really hot. Two different things. And he was an ER doctor, not a gynecologist, if that makes it any less sordid.
" I was all sweaty and blustery through the exam because he was insanely hot." That sounds like you were turned on to me.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:12 PM

4,253 posts, read 2,801,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post

I never said that I was turned on-just the fact that I was embarrassed that this really good looking guy saw me when I was a "exposed" so to speak. I am assuming by your answer that you are male. Would you not be a bit embarrassed if the said gorgeous woman grabbed your privates and told you to turn your head and cough?

Cat

Old 09-09-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I never said that I was turned on-just the fact that I was embarrassed that this really good looking guy saw me when I was a "exposed" so to speak. I am assuming by your answer that you are male. Would you not be a bit embarrassed if the said gorgeous woman grabbed your privates and told you to turn your head and cough?

Cat
Of course I would be, that's why I wouldn't go to a female doctor for such an exam. You can't have it both ways. If there is nothing sexual about such an exam than you shouldn't be anymore embarrassed than if the doctor was looking in your ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or